Smuggling Alcohol and avoiding the so-called "Naughty Room"

LesterJLV

What is the best way to smuggle alcohol on-board the ship without getting sent to the Naughty Room, and what happens if you're sent there? I know I know, I shouldn't be cheap and should just purchase a bar set-up. But, I'm a single dad of 3 boys and can barely afford to do a cruise, so I need to be as frugal as possible and still have a good time. :o

To be honest I think you should use the "search" feature at the top of the page. You will get all ithe nformation you could possibly need.

This question is asked ad nauseum (sp) and you'll do better off with the search engineas it is my belief that long time posters just don't answer anymore because.....there IS a SEARCH. Just my OPINION!

Have fun. Very Happy Cruising! :)

Winnie

Winnie

Don't forget that NCL reads this board so if someone posts a surefire way to smuggle, NCL will know about it when you do.

If should should get a notice that they're holding your bag all that will happen is that they'll have you open the bag (contrary to other opinions they don't open them) and they'll have you show them whatever it was on the xray that made them suspicious. If it's booze they'll hold it till the end of the cruise. If it's wine you'll have the option of paying the corkage fee or they will hold it till the end of the cruise and then return it to you.

Don't forget that NCL reads this board so if someone posts a surefire way to smuggle, NCL will know about it when you do.

If should should get a notice that they're holding your bag all that will happen is that they'll have you open the bag (contrary to other opinions they don't open them) and they'll have you show them whatever it was on the xray that made them suspicious. If it's booze they'll hold it till the end of the cruise. If it's wine you'll have the option of paying the corkage fee or again they will hold it till the end of the cruise and then return it to you.

I'm sure that is why the smugglers do not post their secrets:D

From what I've read and seen on-board...you wait a long time for your luggage as you have to report in and we have seen many angry passengers "carting" their luggage when we are returning from dinner:eek:

mbisson...I see you are going to Hawaii in January. Good for you! Have a great time:)

If you would like a cocktail in your room while dressing for dinner then get a Bar set-up. e-mail the ships coordinator at leat 2 weeks prior to sailing and she'll take care of you. Be very polite...... she's delightful and terribly busy. You may have to be a bit persistant.

Liters are $40.USD. Premium are a few more. Well worth it, IMO!

I have her e-mail ady on my desktop computer but will do my best to remember to give it to you here. My advice is to call the NCL toll free numbers until you get what you want.

All of the important tel. numbers are on NCL. Just look around their site!

Smuggling is not an option. You agreed to their terms..:)

If you would like a cocktail in your room while dressing for dinner then get a Bar set-up. e-mail the ships coordinator at leat 2 weeks prior to sailing and she'll take care of you. Be very polite...... she's delightful and terribly busy. You may have to be a bit persistant.

Liters are $40.USD. Premium are a few more. Well worth it, IMO!

I have her e-mail ady on my desktop computer but will do my best to remember to give it to you here. My advice is to call the NCL toll free numbers until you get what you want.

All of the important tel. numbers are on NCL. Just look around their site!

Smuggling is not an option. You agreed to their terms..:)

He already stated that he does NOT want a bar set-up:confused:

He already stated that he does NOT want a bar set-up:confused:

Then he will pay whatever the ship charges per drink which is much more than if he had a bar set up. Giving someone an option may be a good thing. :)

To the Original Poster: Are you sure you can afford a cruise?

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

Winnie

Smuggle if you must, but don't come back to this site and complain they caught you.

We'd all like to know if he'd been "caught" LOLOL

Of all the Alcohol smuggling questions there are on this site I haven't seen many who come back to tell of their success. I've been known to be wrong though. :rolleyes:

Winnie <----> gets a bar set up or does without. (AARRGGHHH)

I had to go to the "naughty room" to retrieve one of my bags. My bottle of wine made it intact from Detroit to Miami, but they snagged it on the ship xray. I paid the "corkage fee" $15, still cheaper than purchasing their wine. If beer is more to your taste, buy the bucket of beer. You take whatever is not drank back to your room for later. We only bought one drink from the bar, I can't see spending $10 on one drink. Too rich for my pockets.

If you need to restock your wine supply, you can purchase at the ports and just pay the "fee" again, still cheaper.

At meals, don't let them fool you with the water. First they will ask if you want bottled (2 different choices) I read someone accepted and it was $24. They will serve tap water, which is good.

Hope you and your kids have a great time.

Linda:cool:

I was about to say something similar to what Hawkshoe said, but decided you probably know that so you want the secrets. There are no secrets, some make it through, others don't. If you get caught there will be a note on your door so I have been told that will advise you to report to the "naughty room" you will be asked to open your luggage and remove whatever looks suspecious to them. If it is booze they will keep it unitl the last night. If you try to bring it on in your carry on it will, for certain be spotted.

Nita

I had to go to the "naughty room" to retrieve one of my bags. My bottle of wine made it intact from Detroit to Miami, but they snagged it on the ship xray. I paid the "corkage fee" $15, still cheaper than purchasing their wine. If beer is more to your taste, buy the bucket of beer. You take whatever is not drank back to your room for later. We only bought one drink from the bar, I can't see spending $10 on one drink. Too rich for my pockets.

If you need to restock your wine supply, you can purchase at the ports and just pay the "fee" again, still cheaper.

At meals, don't let them fool you with the water. First they will ask if you want bottled (2 different choices) I read someone accepted and it was $24. They will serve tap water, which is good.

Hope you and your kids have a great time.

Hi,Linda I also thought the prices were WAY to high The bucket was the only way to go,and then we had to tell them not to open all the bottles at the same time.If we didnt do the upsell I think we would have a completly different opinion on the cruise just wondering how it was for you guys.DEB&TOM

Hi,Linda I also thought the prices were WAY to high The bucket was the only way to go,and then we had to tell them not to open all the bottles at the same time.If we didnt do the upsell I think we would have a completly different opinion on the cruise just wondering how it was for you guys.DEB&TOM

HI Deb & Tom,

I enjoyed it very much. The room was more than roomy enough. Didn't even use all the drawer space.

But you do come away feeling like their constantly dipping into your pockets. Give-me, give-me. I guess it's true, nothing in life is free.

I know that I will take alot of heat for this, but I will reply anyway. There are many many ways to smuggle liquor. I do it every cruise and have yet to be caught (15 cruises). To avoid the wrath of the "do gooders" on these boards, I will not post them.

Lester you can email me at Kevinc6969@yahoo.com

Why couldn't I have seen your posting BEFORE our cruise?:D

mbisson...I see you are going to Hawaii in January. Good for you! Have a great time:)

I'm sure we will! Just a little over a week till we go, so we've started finding clothes that don't work in the snow and thinking "but I'll wear it in Hawaii" ;)

Back to the smuggling discussion...We've been called to the naughty room once when the xray picked up our 6 pack of pepsi in plastic bottles. It wasn't a big deal, they looked and saw it was soda and said "oops, sorry". Usually we just bring some pop in our carryon-I don't remember why it was in our checked baggage this particular time.

To me, the smuggling is probably more hastle than it's worth (especially if a container should decide to break in my bags), but I personally don't care if someone decides to do it. But I don't like it when they come to the board to complain that they smuggled, got caught and the cruiseline sucks for enforcing the rule.

we are just off the spirit and yes we also did smuggle. we used some of the creative ideas found on this board. we had no problem with our carry-ons and all of our checked baggage arrived as planned to our staterooms. we were lucky. there were many notices left on doors to proceed to the naughty room to collect luggage. even though we smuggled, our ship board account was still quite healthy. my advice to you is too read the boards and choose the technique that is the easiest and hope for the best. worst case scenario, they collect the etoh and return at the end of cruise. how bad is that?

Not that anyone is actually going to pay attention to this, but do all of you who decided to share your opinions of smuggling realize that said opinion was not sought? Why can't you just answer the question? What business is it of yours if someone smuggles?

Just my opinion, but if you cannot afford the extra money to do it the right way, then just don't drink on the cruise.

I don't have bottomless pockets, I enjoy myself without drinking :)

Not drinking is your choice. I choose to enjoy MY vacation MY way. Thank you very much! Even if I don't have the extra money, "to do it the right way".

Linda

Archived