Shore excursion credit

Jofishes

mmmm confused with this new shore excursion credit

with a upgrade I now am being offered this :confused:

but what I don't know and am getting confused over is the following

what happens when you pre book do you pay upfront ? OR can you pay once on board (i'm guessing that you have to pay upfront to get the 10% discount that is being offered for pre booking)

IF i have to wait until i get on board to spend this credit can i also use any of my OBC towards excursions ??? OR not ?

any help will be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

You can call NCL directly to book your shore excursions. They will then use your shore excursion credit to pay for them. I just did that for our cruise next month. It was super easy.

that's good to know, when the excursion costs more than the credit is the extra charged there and then onto a credit card OR can i pay this on board

any finally any idea if I can still take advantage of the 10% off by pre booking if i use this credit ?

we're in the UK and there is not a lot of information on the website to answer these questions

again thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering an upgrade to a suite so I would now receive the free excusrion credit but i have already paid for one excursion for the four of us. Will they refund my credit card over the phone if I now get this perk?

• 8 months later...

If you have the Shore Excursion Credit and you wish to book in advance of your cruise, you must call NCL to book your shore excursion. You pay nothing in advance. For example, if you have a shore excursion credit of $50/port(there may be a max # of ports), you call NCL and through their phone menu, you will be directed to Shore Excursions. You provide them your name and reservation number and inform them you wish to book "ABC Tour". They will reserve it for you. You pay nothing in advance, even if there is a difference between the price of the excursion and your credit. NCL will email you a confirmation of the reserved shore excursion. Once onboard, the price of the excursion will appear on your onboard account along with your shore excursion credit. You will pay any difference at the end of your cruise, along with your other onboard expenses. You still have the opportunity to change your mind and book a different excursion for that port as long as you are 48 hours out before arriving at the excursion port. Your tickets for the excursion will be in your stateroom.

You can also wait and book onboard with the shore excursion desk. Hope this helps!

Edited by SteelMagnolia9

Can I tell you how much I appreciate Cruise Critic?

I called the Haven Concierge YESTERDAY to ask this very question and was told I needed to book on line, NCL would charge it, and I would then have to straighten it out when I got on board ... and the "straighten out" would be $50 OBC per excursion. Obviously NOT what was just shared.

What is shared here, though, is RIGHT. I just called the Shore Excursion number and did it!

I had booked and paid online for a shore excursion before I found out about having to phone book through excursions. When I called NCL excursions to book the rest of my excursions I mentioned that I had already booked a cabana and another activity on GSC, so the agent cancelled those, refunded my credit card and rebooked them so I get the credit.

So now everything is reserved with nothing prepaid and my booking shows the money I owe EXCLUDING $50 at each port.

The whole having to book over the phone seems silly to me. I had to call the USA from Australia, and they've refunded me money I had already paid, that they could have invested and made money on. Pretty inefficient for both parties really?

Jenn

• 5 months later...

Thank you for sharing about calling Shore Excursions directly. One of the tours we wanted was sold out, but there must have been some cancellations or capacity added because it opened up again. My husband wanted to just pay, but I didn't want to lose the $50 obc for the port. I called the number from the NCL website (866-625-1167) and they were able to do all the port excursion reservations just as you've said here. The lady was very nice and it only took a few minutes!

She said the full excursion charge will appear once onboard. The 48 hours before arriving at the port cancellation policy still applies. The $50 obc appears individually after leaving each port. So, the difference due will just settle iteself out automatically through the onboard account! Yay!

Since this is a relatively new NCL promotion, if they continue it, the onboard booking engine for excursions will hopefully be able to adjust the price moving forward. The programming can obviously be done since if you have the dining package, you only pay the discounted rates (such as for Illusionarium, Bayamo, or Ocean Blue). We would be happy to pay the difference for shore excursions in advance too just to be sure we have what we want, and not have to spend time reserving onboard.