Pearl kids club

2red4u

Just off the Pearl... the 1st night they open at 8 pm... registration lasts until 7, then the counselors get a break for an hour. Going the 1st night is a good idea... the kids make friends easier that way.

Other nights the main "theme" event starts at 7:00 officially... but my daughter said it was usually closer to 7:15. We ate dinner at 5:30... she skipped the appetizer if possible (Teppenyaki it wasn't possible), and we had them start her main course while we were eating our appetizers. This way, she was getting dessert early too... and one of us would run her to the kid's club in time to be there around 7 and then usually come back to dinner (a few times we were just waiting on the drink receipt.) Worked out well for us.

Thank you, I thought it was 8, I just wasn't certain. We sign then up early in the day to avoid the crowds. They are old enough to go on their own when they chose- whoop whoop.

Mine was too... but we were 1st timers, and I was uncomfortable giving my 11 year old sign in/out privileges. Now I get to worry about our next cruise, where she will be just turned 13 and in with the big kids :eek:

Just off the Pearl... the 1st night they open at 8 pm... registration lasts until 7, then the counselors get a break for an hour. Going the 1st night is a good idea... the kids make friends easier that way.

Other nights the main "theme" event starts at 7:00 officially... but my daughter said it was usually closer to 7:15. We ate dinner at 5:30... she skipped the appetizer if possible (Teppenyaki it wasn't possible), and we had them start her main course while we were eating our appetizers. This way, she was getting dessert early too... and one of us would run her to the kid's club in time to be there around 7 and then usually come back to dinner (a few times we were just waiting on the drink receipt.) Worked out well for us.

Glad this worked for you. We plan to do something very similar as we like to eat around 5:30 at home.

Glad this worked for you. We plan to do something very similar as we like to eat around 5:30 at home.

It did work... I am trying to think when we cut it close... We had 5:30 ressies for all the specialities... And it was fine. One night in indigo she skipped dessert because it was taking too long... I think that was the only night that it was too slow to be mostly done eating in 90 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

This dining strategy works best for our family. We take our youngest to dine early at the buffet while we sip cocktails. We head to the kids club when she's done just in time for when the club opens, then we head off to the restaurant. It's not rushed, she's not bored, so everyone gets what they like.

This dining strategy works best for our family. We take our youngest to dine early at the buffet while we sip cocktails. We head to the kids club when she's done just in time for when the club opens, then we head off to the restaurant. It's not rushed, she's not bored, so everyone gets what they like.

We've done this. But, I've also witnessed other parents whose kids refused to leave to go eat. There were picnics on the Getaway last summer in the hall just outside. A parent has to do what a parent has to do. ;) The good thing is that you know they are having a blast when they are upset with you for pulling them out.

It's their vacation, too.

That's why we did early dinners... Dd would have been pissed to miss out on real food... She thought the buffet was meh... And we actually got to see her between 5 and 7 since the club was closed anyway :)