No Online Reservations Being Accepted for Cagneys and Shoguns

copman

I called NCL today to inquire as to why online reservations for Cagney's and Shoguns was not showing up on our upcoming cruise on the Spirit.

The NCL rep said there has been changes and NCL is no longer accepting online reservations for either of those two specialty restaurants and they could only be made onboard. In short, they are not full or the allotment for online filled already, they were never listed on our cruise dates.

I inquired as to why NCL would want people standing in long lines the first day of the cruise rather than allowing the allotment to fill online, and she said that the mandate from NCL stands until such time the management changes it back, if they do.

Has anyone else called and been given the same information?

Our other online choices showed up about a week ago, but Cagney's and Shoguns were not among them, so this is why I called to find out if they were full already, but the rep advised no one has nor will be able to make them online unless NCL changes their current policy.

There have been a few be threads about Cagney's reservations in the last week or so. Some reported they called and were told it was a computer glitch and whoever they spoke to made the reservation for them. They posted the number for Dinner Reservations as 866-625-1167 option #1. You might give it a try. NCL call center is notorious for getting things wrong. I can't think of any reason it would benefit NCL to have all Cagney's reservations made on board. Unless....they plan on raising the cover charge...again...and don't want to have to grandfather all those lower cover charges made pre announcement in.

Edited by punkincc

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189903

Read the above post yesterday about Cagney's and in post #6 it said "cagneys is now available again to book!!!!". Immediately went to My NCL and booked it with no problems. We are sailing on the Getaway in May. Maybe it is a glitch. But I did receive my confirmation.

P.S. Thanks backsbanny.

Edited by destiny217

I was able to make a reservation for Cagney's last night, after being unable to for the last week or so.

Jim

Same here - I did my online reservation for Cagney's yesterday, without any problems (after not being able to do so for some time). But I don't have the UDP and paid the regular cover charge, I don't know if that makes a difference regarding the possibility to book Cagney's online....?

Thanks for the information. I suspected it could be an issue typical of NCL right-hand not knowing what the left-hand was doing in terms of the reps, and now it sounds like that might be the case. I will keep a close watch on the website to see if it shows up soon. (even though the rep told me there was no need to do that, as it would not be showing up).

Can anyone advise, since we do have the ultimate dining package, how does the website compensate for the typical cover charge. Meaning, I am not excited about paying for the reservations and then having them reimbursed back to a credit card once onboard the ship... if that is what they do?

There have been a few be threads about Cagney's reservations in the last week or so. Some reported they called and were told it was a computer glitch and whoever they spoke to made the reservation for them. They posted the number for Dinner Reservations as 866-625-1167 option #1. You might give it a try. NCL call center is notorious for getting things wrong. I can't think of any reason it would benefit NCL to have all Cagney's reservations made on board. Unless....they plan on raising the cover charge...again...and don't want to have to grandfather all those lower cover charges made pre announcement in.

I sure hope that is not the case either, but I did just learn that Shoguns is now going to be complimentary on the Spirit by mid-April..so I wonder if the price for Cagney's is going to increase and that might the reason for the online delay for the reservations. Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it.

FYI...there is no place called "Shoguns".

Has the name been changed?

This is what appears on the website:

Shogun Asian restaurant on Norwegian Spirit is located on Deck 7. Shogun is your place for sophisticated Asian cuisine. Miso Soup, Peking Duck Crepes, and Mandarin Prawn Salad are just a few of the starters. There are noodle and rice selections including Wok dishes, Pad Thai, and Lo Mein. Seared Ahi Tuna, Szechuan Beef, Spicy Seafood Hot Pots, Tofu and Vegetables, and Chicken with Snow Peas number among main entree selections, but you can also opt for individual entree choices such as Seafood Diablo and Chicken Yakisoba. Norwegian Spirit's Shogun restaurant has teppanyaki entree selections and Ginza Entree combinations. For dessert, there's ginger crème brulee, Thai Banana Pancakes, Green Tea Ice Cream, and Passion Fruit Cheesecake. There's a 15USD charge per person to dine at Shogun. According to guests, that surcharge is worth every penny!

3 families, all have UDP have scheduled all of our restaurants online with no payment.

We did Cagney's today- you enter the number of people, the time, put it in your cart and when you check out the total is zero for balance due.

Easy to do- call if you have problems.but you shouldn't.

Thanks for the information. I suspected it could be an issue typical of NCL right-hand not knowing what the left-hand was doing in terms of the reps, and now it sounds like that might be the case. I will keep a close watch on the website to see if it shows up soon. (even though the rep told me there was no need to do that, as it would not be showing up).

Can anyone advise, since we do have the ultimate dining package, how does the website compensate for the typical cover charge. Meaning, I am not excited about paying for the reservations and then having them reimbursed back to a credit card once onboard the ship... if that is what they do?

If you have the UDP and make your bookings online there will be no charge when you checkout. No worries about being reimbursed.

Just an FYI. If you did not have the UDP and were just booking individual reservations and paying for them with your credit card. Once on board the ship any cancellation or refunds are usually issued to your shipboard card in the form of OBC. If, at the end of the cruise, you did not spend this, you would at that point be entitled to a refund, not necessarily back to your credit card though.

Rochelle

• 4 weeks later...

We are now 70 days out from our cruise and Shoguns and Cagney's are not available for booking on our July 6th cruise. NCL says Shoguns will be free and that Cagney's changes are still not known to the Reps.

At any rate, NCL is advising that neither specialty restaurant will be able to be booked online for any cruises after July 3rd, which is why they are not showing up on our reservation.

We booked more dates for Le Bistro just to cover us in case we cannot get into Cagney's once on the ship. However, if they are going to charge us Al a Carte which is what the latest rumor is for Cagney's ... we are not interested in booking it anyway.

I called NCL today to inquire as to why online reservations for Cagney's and Shoguns was not showing up on our upcoming cruise on the Spirit.

The NCL rep said there has been changes and NCL is no longer accepting online reservations for either of those two specialty restaurants and they could only be made onboard. In short, they are not full or the allotment for online filled already, they were never listed on our cruise dates.

I inquired as to why NCL would want people standing in long lines the first day of the cruise rather than allowing the allotment to fill online, and she said that the mandate from NCL stands until such time the management changes it back, if they do.

Has anyone else called and been given the same information?

Our other online choices showed up about a week ago, but Cagney's and Shoguns were not among them, so this is why I called to find out if they were full already, but the rep advised no one has nor will be able to make them online unless NCL changes their current policy.

As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but guests will still be able to make reservations onboard.

As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but guests will still be able to make reservations onboard.

Are you removing this from the included restaurants in the Ultimate Dining Program?

Disclaimer: I don't really expect you to answer. ;)

Are you removing this from the included restaurants in the Ultimate Dining Program?

Disclaimer: I don't really expect you to answer. ;)

Disclaimer to the disclaimer: But it would be really nice if you would. :)

Rochelle

Usually a company does not post anything other than approved releases, unless it's someone very, very senior in the company (like a CEO). I work for a company where the CEO regularly engages people on Facebook, and he's very good at it. But the rest of us have very strict guidelines on what we can say for legal / liability reasons.

Few of us "worker bees" have the overall knowledge needed to wing it on a response, whereas senior people have the benefit of knowing much more about all facets of the business.