Cagney's - Important info

NJ Johnny

Just came back from a great cruise on the Gem. We were told by the Hotel Director that Cagney's will have changes starting in June. It will not be part of the UDP anymore and all items on the menu will be al a carte pricing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to all. Carol

If is is true there will be no need for UDP on some ships!!!

Take Spirit for example, Shogun (now free), Cagneys (a la carte). So you are basically left Bistro and the Italian on a UDP!

Don't forget about Teppanyaki. But, your statement has merit.

Thanks, NJ Johnny - welcome home & for bring the news ... no sworn testimony necessary to affirm your affidavit (just kidding on this part :D )

More or less of what my gut feelings were when I read about the NEXT program, and reasons for stopping all reservations for Cagney - even for those with UDP. This information made sense & has logics to it - hard to believe, but hey, June is just around the corner.

NCL could still offer a no-frills UDP menu and then the "new" enhanced full a la carte & upgraded pricing menu for Cagney, sounds like a win-win for the stockholders & Wall Street ... not so much for others. :eek:

https://kmbeing.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crystal-ball.jpg

IMO steaks are much better in LeBistro - our last visit to Cagney's a few years ago was disappointing with gristly steak (maitre'd offered us another selection when we brought it to their attention) and service that was "challenged" due to several very large tables (12 and 16 people each). On our last two cruises we didn't even bother to make reservations - and if it's removed from the UDP so be it.

We have the UDP on 3 upcoming cruises as promo - it will be interesting to see how things shake out over the coming months. Our next cruise will be in the Haven and we can always just eat there if nothing else is appealing.

I really wish that all of these changes would be announced at one fell swoop - this is like Chinese water torture - drip, drip, drip. What a PR disaster on NCL's part.......

I am not a lawyer but selling UDP's and giving them as part of booking promotions with Cagney's listed as an included establishment and then removing it after the fact sounds like a clear case of bait and switch.

There seems to be no end to what this company will do to make a buck? Exactly when will it be enough?

And still there will be those who see nothing wrong with this!

Rochelle

How does the price of the UDP add up without Cagneys?

Does the cost per day make the UDP worthwhile if only the lower priced venues are included ?

My thought exactly. I don't think that it does. I have no desire to eat at Teppanyaki more than once, so I don't think UDP makes sense at the current price point, especially if I am already paying for one evening at Illusionarium (albeit at a discount). I have a free UDP on my Feb 2016 cruise, but still find this annoying to say the least.

Will that mean Suite guests can no longer have breakfast in Cagney's?

No Sail the suites should be okay. Cagney's breakfast for suite passengers is more a venue location for the suite guests on ships that do not have a Haven restaurant

Rochelle

I am not a lawyer but selling UDP's and giving them as part of booking promotions with Cagney's listed as an included establishment and then removing it after the fact sounds like a clear case of bait and switch.

There seems to be no end to what this company will do to make a buck? Exactly when will it be enough?

Rochelle

This is so wrong. I guess NCL never heard of grandfathering in something. That would solve a whole lot of problems and angry people. Not to mention lines at gues services

Has anyone made a list of all the changes in the past couple of months. I'm curious to actually see it.

Geri

Rochelle

Agreed. And they are still clearly promoting the "signature steakhouse" as an included venue.:mad:

THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

13-logo.jpgDine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise at one special rate. Go medium-rare at our signature steakhouse. Make it al dente at our Italian restaurant. Or try the très délicieux options at our French bistro. Whatever you’re craving, there’s something for every palate. So book today and indulge away! Learn More

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 25% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

Edited by garnet115

No Sail the suites should be okay. Cagney's breakfast for suite passengers is more a venue location for the suite guests on ships that do not have a Haven restaurant

Rochelle

Thanks, Rochelle. I'm looking forward to breakfast in Cagney's. I'm used to it in Pinnacle on HAL ships.

Agreed. And they are still clearly promoting the "signature steakhouse" as an included venue.:mad:

THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

13-logo.jpgDine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise at one special rate. Go medium-rare at our signature steakhouse. Make it al dente at our Italian restaurant. Or try the très délicieux options at our French bistro. Whatever you’re craving, there’s something for every palate. So book today and indulge away! Learn More

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 25% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

Yep, why I just printed all this as well as the terms and conditions for the UDP with today's date. I have 5 cruises booked between June and next April and all but one has UDP.

Harriet

I've been increasingly upset by all the recent take aways and $ add ons but for me personally, this one is the biggest real kick in the stomach. I booked my second cruise on the BA before the promo began and rebooked at a higher price precisely because of the promo. I also booked an H7 in order to get all the promos except the DSC.

I loved Cagneys on my first BA cruise and was really looking to returning. However, I won't be going because to have to pay for what was included at the time of booking just doesn't compute for me. I'm sailing with a party of 7 in all, so that would cost quite a bit of money that I didn't anticipate having to spend.

This upcoming BA cruise will be my fifth with NCL but the first that won't include purchasing a FCC. I'm truly disappointed and to be honest, quite sad.

Thanks, Rochelle. I'm looking forward to breakfast in Cagney's. I'm used to it in Pinnacle on HAL ships.

Yes Sail exactly the same type of thing and personally speaking I think breakfast in Cagney's is a couple of notches above Pinnacle. You should enjoy it very much and lunch is very nice too. If I recall correctly you are not a a big dessert person but be sure to have the berries at lunch they were my favourite.

Rochelle

Just came back from a great cruise on the Gem. We were told by the Hotel Director that Cagney's will have changes starting in June. It will not be part of the UDP anymore and all items on the menu will be al a carte pricing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to all. Carol

Thank you for the info Carol, but until it's announced by NCL I'm not going to believe it. I hope it's just a miscommunication.

Yep, why I just printed all this as well as the terms and conditions for the UDP with today's date. I have 5 cruises booked between June and next April and all but one has UDP.

Harriet

I've printed every time there's been word of new changes.

I only wish I had printed the day I purchased. :(

I really don't see much of a value in the UDP now that another restaurant (and my personal favorite!) will be taken off the list. Even if I get 25% off the a la carte... I'd rather just pay as I go. I have the UDP for my next booking and I certainly planned on dining in Cagney's once if not twice during the week.

I really don't see much of a value in the UDP now that another restaurant (and my personal favorite!) will be taken off the list. Even if I get 25% off the a la carte... I'd rather just pay as I go. I have the UDP for my next booking and I certainly planned on dining in Cagney's once if not twice during the week.
I'm with you, if Cagney's is not included in the UDP it is not worth the price and I'll cancel the two that I have purchased and just go to each restaurant without one. I'll also dine in Cagney's (even if it is ala cart) a number of times during my cruise.