POA - Lunch Making Station at Breakfast

CruisnDeb

I tried to post this directly in the Pride of America section, but I guess we can't do that.

Anyway, I thought I remember reading somewhere that the Pride of America sets up a sandwich making station in the mornings at the breakfast buffet so people could take them ashore with them. Is this true? If so, what's available? I am hoping to take some food with us on the days we have rental cars and have picnic lunches whenever we decide to stop.

Quick answer, yes - it was available then when we sailed POA (been a few, so ...) we didn't use it - our gang would eat a big breakfast, meet & pile into our rental minivan & off we go for the day. If I recall, they only provide ziplock/sandwich bags (don't remember paper bags to drop them in).

My best guess, you take & choose whatever's available at the breakfast buffet - that don't perish or spoil easily when un-refrigerated. We travel with a small, folding insulated cooler & that always help with our bottled water.

Things like sweet pastries, muffins, fresh fruits & hard broiled eggs, those are usually good to go on a trip, along with PB&J sandwiches for the young ones.

It's basically an inter-island cruise so some of the usual restrictions on say, a Bermuda or Caribbean sailing with strict rules about taking items off the ship or bring unsealed products back on with it being inspected shouldn't apply here - unless ...

Pack a few ziplock bags but if you forgot, the local ABC Store on the islands are everywhere & you can find almost anything you need there, 24/7/365.

Mahalo :cool: