Discrimination Issue against Solos

kruisey

Not commenting on anyone's particular issue but point out that as widower who became a Solo traveller a few years go, I researched what cruise line might best suit my needs . Seabourn turned out to be a winner for me as they made sure I was invited to a mixed couples and solo table each evening. I am trying Silverseas this Fall. I am a more comfortable traveling as a solo and I expect to fit in once again in the general world of couples and solos at sea. Like every couple might be different, so too are the solo traveller. It just takes time to find the right fit.

I just booked my first Silverseas cruise too:D.....after sailing mass market for close to 15 years I know this is going to

be different.......my first taste of a "luxury line" and looking forward to it:)......when are you cruising? Mine is in August,

Barcelona to Rome.....can't wait:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get that this thread is a few months old....but...where is the supposed "discrimination" that the OP is claiming the title of her thread? Some folks need to work on better titles to their posts because some, like this one, are just dumb. :rolleyes:

I get this thread is a few months old too, however, the theme seems a bit off for me. I've recently been widowed and think of cruising as a wonderful way to sustain some memories yet make new ones too. The OP seems to feel that one person asking for couples to join a Chef's Table is discriminating... having worked in an environment which strived to elimate discrimination, I see very little to lead me to believe there was any intention to discriminate against anyone. To me, it would seem like a scenario similar to being denied a seat at the Teppanyaki table where the numbers are even and the last seat has been taken.

Sorry if this seems odd but that's how I see it. No discrimination, just life and what happens in it.