Snorkeling advice

si4444

Hi, beginning of April Ill be in Some ports that I have no tours booked and would consider snorkeling. If anyone can recommend any and or companies they used please do. Muscat, Oman. Fujairah, UAE. Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. This area and these ports I've never been to.

Thanks,

Scott

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

Sharm was, from memory, perhaps better suited for scuba diving. We had extremely strong and scary currents.

In Muscat there are some good spots. The oman dive center / muscat dive center runs several daily snorkeling, diving / dolphin watching tours from their Base every day. Nice, but of course no where near as good as the great barrier reef here. But a very good chance to see sea turtles.

Sharm was, from memory, perhaps better suited for scuba diving. We had extremely strong and scary currents.

In Muscat there are some good spots. The oman dive center / muscat dive center runs several daily snorkeling, diving / dolphin watching tours from their Base every day. Nice, but of course no where near as good as the great barrier reef here. But a very good chance to see sea turtles.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Sharm without a doubt. One of the best snorkelling sites in the world.

Equally important, it's a purpose-built vacation resort with nothing of cultural or historical interest within many miles.

Other posters have mentioned Safaga & Hurghada (resort near Safaga), but you have not.

I'm guessing that's because you're planning to head for Luxor, and Valley of the Kings or Temple of Karnak.

And that's what I'd strongly recommend.

JB :)

• 2 months later...

Sharm is a marvelous spot for the water sport but sometimes the the cruise schedule won't allow you to do but there is safaga which is amazing spot as well