Viking Sun Sea Trials

MarkTapley

According to the website vesselfinder.com , the Viking Sun has started sea trials off the east coast of Italy. The ship left the Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona, Italy a day or two ago and is maneuvering in the Adriatic Sea, not far from Ancona. Has anyone heard anything else about the newest of Viking's ships?

MT

Thanks for the link! We are sailing on her Oct 18th (booking still to come). I have just read the promotional news things and watched the videos on Viking's web site. Only thing different I heard between her sister ships is that they took some room away from the spa and increased the fitness room.

This should be a direct link to the ship's location?

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/VIKING-SUN-IMO-9725433-MMSI-247386500

Thanks for the link! We are sailing on her Oct 18th (booking still to come). I have just read the promotional news things and watched the videos on Viking's web site. Only thing different I heard between her sister ships is that they took some room away from the spa and increased the fitness room.

This should be a direct link to the ship's location?

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/VIKING-SUN-IMO-9725433-MMSI-247386500

I think not from the spa, which is very popular, but from the hair salon which is not.

That makes a lot more sense than the spa! The article I read must have been mistaken, or was lumping in hair salon with spa. :rolleyes:

I go for lumping. The salon was designed with a lot of open space and can easily be redesigned into a smaller pace--and still have the same number of stations--and feel a lot cozier in the bargain. The interactive map is the same for all the ships and doesn't show the design change.