When should we expect documents

marylovestotravel

Being a Viking novice, I'm unsure of what to expect in terms of cruise documents. When should I expect to receive them? I've never dealt with an agent before and was told that the agent gets it from Viking and then sends it on to me. Wish I could get them direct!:confused:

Mia

Being a Viking novice, I'm unsure of what to expect in terms of cruise documents. When should I expect to receive them? I've never dealt with an agent before and was told that the agent gets it from Viking and then sends it on to me. Wish I could get them direct!:confused:

Mia

Docs arrive about three weeks before you depart.

Your TA can arrange for the documents to be sent directly to you. I get mine direct. It saves a step and why pay postage twice.

Docs arrive about three weeks before you depart.

Your TA can arrange for the documents to be sent directly to you. I get mine direct. It saves a step and why pay postage twice.

Thanks - I will arrange for Viking to send them to me direct. I always worry about a misstep in a situation like this. I've heard that we don't need the documents to board, but they are all part of the cruise experience. The receipt of the documents are part of the anticipation. And I am a belt and suspenders type of person and like to have things organized and settled.

Mia

Thanks - I will arrange for Viking to send them to me direct. I always worry about a misstep in a situation like this. I've heard that we don't need the documents to board, but they are all part of the cruise experience. The receipt of the documents are part of the anticipation. And I am a belt and suspenders type of person and like to have things organized and settled.

Mia

I like seeing what the gift item is. It has been different each time we sail, so fun to see what they come up with each time.

As for the doc booklet, it can be thick and you get two of them; so, I've taken to leaving one home and tearing up the other so that we carry just the essential pages. The rest is tour descriptions and those are available on board.

I like seeing what the gift item is. It has been different each time we sail, so fun to see what they come up with each time.

Gift item?

We sailed two years ago and Viking stopped sending gifts.

Did they start again?

Thanks

Gift item?

We sailed two years ago and Viking stopped sending gifts.

Did they start again?

Thanks

From my point of view, they hadn't stopped, so I can't really answer your question. I can say that on both Oceans cruises we have done, the docs package contained a small zipper bag of one sort or another along with yet another set of the red leather luggage tags.

As for the doc booklet, it can be thick and you get two of them; so, I've taken to leaving one home and tearing up the other so that we carry just the essential pages. The rest is tour descriptions and those are available on board.

I wasn't aware there would be a gift item. I did hear some reference to a folder. What other items should I be expecting in the package?:D

Thanks Peregrina. Anticipating with pleasure!

Mia

Our river cruise documents came with a small grey felt bag, about 7.5" by 12". The red leather luggage tags and paper luggage tags for boarding were sent with the bag along with the cruise documents book.

Our river cruise documents came with a small grey felt bag, about 7.5" by 12". The red leather luggage tags and paper luggage tags for boarding were sent with the bag along with the cruise documents book.

The grey felt bag is the "gift item" I was talking about. It changes every so often. I wasn't a fan of the grey felt; I thought that it was a bit heavy for its size. I look for packing accessories that are super-light and the grey felt just didn't fit the bill. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise when our docs next arrive.;)