Cabin Level Question

It has been a few years since I've been on a cruise now, so a bit out of date with the newer ships, more use to the Star, Spirit, Island Escape etc.... Going on the Dream, Deck 7, in a couple of months... anyway

I am thinking of booking to go on the Explorer next year, so not really use to bigger ships, which is a darn sight more expensive than the older ships. my question is, I am looking at booking an outside cabin on Deck 4, now I've always gone a lot higher up 7etc on previous tubs, I've been told by the travel agent that on these newer, bigger ships, you don't get any of the problems associated with being in the bowels of the older ships, apparently you are still quite high up and you get a decent horizon view. Does anyone know if this is true or just porky pies to get me to commit???

Any help appreciated

Edited by The Snowman

If it's any help, we went on Discovery earlier this year. It was a late booking and we could only get Deck 2 although it was midship. We were a little concerned but it turned out to be great - especially as the gangway was level 1 so a quick exit. We were quite a way above the waterline which is what had been a concern.