Into the Midnight Sun attire

perlgirlnj

Wind has been present but usually not too much unless you're near an unsheltered area like a cape. But we get to our first stop in Norway tomorrow (captain had to cancel Lerwick due to wind) and who knows what the western coast of Norway may bring?

Roothy, thank you so much for your update on weather and clothing on current trip! Much appreciated. But wait, what! You didn't get to stop at Shetlands at all??? (Our July 9 itinerary duplicates your north bound trip so to see you had to skip Lerwick due to wind is concerning; its one port I really hope to see).

Andi

Roothy, thank you so much for your update on weather and clothing on current trip! Much appreciated. But wait, what! You didn't get to stop at Shetlands at all??? (Our July 9 itinerary duplicates your north bound trip so to see you had to skip Lerwick due to wind is concerning; its one port I really hope to see).

Andi

No, we heard an announcement over the PA fairly early that morning, saying that the Captain had decided it was too windy in the small port where we were scheduled to dock. Therefore, he had turned the ship around and was continuing on. It does happen sometimes, and I had read pre-cruise that Lerwick was one place where it's certainly not unheard of. However, we had gotten in when we were on another line 4 years ago (although we tendered - no docking) so I assumed we'd stop in Lerwick. I've had pretty good luck with completed and trouble-free port stops, but I do realize that sometimes there are surprises. Hopefully you'll get in. If not, I found Orkney pretty charming and interesting as well, so you can at least (probably) look forward to that.

By the way, I've been putting a few notes about our cruise in the Roll Call for the June 17 Star Into the Midnight Sun cruise. Although the thread was mostly for June 17 cruisers to chat pre-cruise, it's available for anyone on Cruise Critic to view.