What a wonderful experience !

EDLOS

After sailing on the eviseration of the Osterdam, Eurodam and Noordam in the last 12 months, i just got off the Veendam where wonder of wonders, the Library was still intact, well used, and a printer if you needed your airline Boarding Passes printed.

Barry of Boston held sway every night to a full house in the Mix Piano Bar, the Ocean Bar had a great Trio playing Dance music (well attended) every night and a DJ in the Crow's Nest (yes, the dance floor is still there ) for late evenings. Oh yes, Adagio doing classical offerings as well . I said to my self, can this be real after the Billboard twin pianos same set of songs every night, no dance venue, BB King's ear shattering offerings, Crow's Nest shuttered at 7 PM on the aformentioned Osterdam , Eurodam, and Noordam. Aaah ! Oprah is coming !

Thanks for your impressions of the Veendam.

From a string of Vistas cruises back to the R class was an eye-opener for us, reminding us of why we loved the S and R class. We see the small ships as much more relaxed, elegant and comfortable.

I'm happy to report the Amsterdam is so far "untouched" also. It was a pleasure to enjoy our familiar experiences again. I'm sure she will join the new trend when she goes in the shipyard next year, but then we will need to search for another HAL ship that maintains the style we love.