Zaandam cabin 3367: opinions?

Andi Land

We are booked for the 2018 Alaska 14 night cruise aboard Zaandam. We are looking at H category on the lower promenade. Has anyone stayed in 3367? I'm looking for something quiet and this looks like maybe it's under the galley? Opinions welcome on other H category rooms if someone has a favorite. The most important thing for us is that it's quiet. We would like to stay in this category of room to keep costs down. Thank you!

we stayed in one of the cabins under the galley a few years ago. the only sound we noticed was at 11.00 p.m. when the galley clean up crew dragged some equipment around. otherwise it was quiet in the state room.

Looks to me like 3367 is under something like a pantry or closet. I checked for comments on that cabin and didn't find any, but found some for 3365 and both parties said they were quiet, no mention of any galley noise. I checked on a website that has a variety of HAL facts, you can google it. Tons of good information. The comments were from Amsterdam and Volendam, sister ships to Zaandam, same deck plan. I think it's a good location, midship, near the elevators - but you shouldn't have any noise for them, I've been closer and had none - and just up to the dining room!

Be aware that there is noise on Lower Promenade deck from the crew hands washing the deck and windows every morning at about 5:30. Also when they do the Walk for a Cure they have loud music blaring for about an hour but that is during the day and only once per cruise. Only other noise I can think of that we heard was the rare times an outside door slammed, only a couple of times in 21 days.

Hope you find what suits you. m--

Looks to me like 3367 is under something like a pantry or closet. I checked for comments on that cabin and didn't find any, but found some for 3365 and both parties said they were quiet, no mention of any galley noise. I checked on a website that has a variety of HAL facts, you can google it. Tons of good information. The comments were from Amsterdam and Volendam, sister ships to Zaandam, same deck plan. I think it's a good location, midship, near the elevators - but you shouldn't have any noise for them, I've been closer and had none - and just up to the dining room!

Be aware that there is noise on Lower Promenade deck from the crew hands washing the deck and windows every morning at about 5:30. Also when they do the Walk for a Cure they have loud music blaring for about an hour but that is during the day and only once per cruise. Only other noise I can think of that we heard was the rare times an outside door slammed, only a couple of times in 21 days.

Hope you find what suits you. m--

Thank you! I'll stick with this room. And thank you Venn Diagram for confirming what RMLincoln had to say.

Andi Land, my experience is that RMLincoln gives pretty solid advice :) at least based on the posts of hers that I've read.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Venn D! I do hope it all works out for Andi Land. Still someone may come forward who has actual experience in that particular cabin. I wouldn't mind volunteering to do the research cruise! ;) m--