Norwegian Wind 12/6 - 29/6

Silver Spectre

CamMag; if your interested there are some terrific private excursions offered by fjordtours.com for our Norway voyage. We booked the Rib boat tour in Svolvaer (starts at 11 a.m vs SS start time at 9:30a.m)--same exact tour SS offers in Svolvaer but $100 less). We also booked a Bergen (leisurely 2 hr) hiking excursion to Mount Floyen.

However, thanks to Mr. Silver's recommendations we r mainly doing SS excursions that he/others highly recommend.

Mr. Silver thanks for allowing me to go off topic a tad.

And loved your Facebook Honningsvag Ice bar pix--bet Mrs. Silver would love to have this pix framed and given to her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks WesW for the fjordtours heads-up!:) I tried to book the Flam railway independently some weeks ago and found I'd missed the boat (or train in this case) and all sensible timings were already sold out so we are going with the Ship's group.

Great photos of the midnight sun!

Thanks for sharing them.

It was the first time we had seen the sun for 5 days, however it has been nice in Bodo today as well.

Lovely cathedral and excellent Town Museum. We watched a film of the history and development of the town seen through one families eyes. Also found our first liquor store since arriving in Norway.

It was the first time we had seen the sun for 5 days, however it has been nice in Bodo today as well.

Lovely cathedral and excellent Town Museum. We watched a film of the history and development of the town seen through one families eyes. Also found our first liquor store since arriving in Norway.

Glad to see you've found some sun! Am enjoying your pictures so much and it's getting us in the mood for our visit! Missed the cathedral so will try and get there this time.

Love Norway but the prices make me glad that we visit from an all-inclusive ship!

Check out the cathedral in Trondheim. I still remember it from 1960!

Skipped the cathedral as we were here a few years ago. Wandered around the town centre and boy is the feel different than our other Norwegian stops. Saw more obese people today than in the previous 2 weeks. Perhaps it's a comment on the city that we also saw our first McDonald's, Starbucks and 7/11. Apparently there is significant unemployment here as well.

5eada2694ddd94032f72fc7fc6c5b565.jpg

6b623bc2afb906cc5fc548792305eaf7.jpg

ace93a0875acce35a3f06db0ce21fce2.jpg

It's been ok until 5pm and now the black clouds have rolled and it's pouring down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lucky with the weather in Molde this morning, it was a beautiful sunny day, clear skies by 12 noon.

The town is a complete contrast to the grot of Trondheim yesterday, loads of nice shops, bars and cafes and no major US chain outlets.

Its clouded up this afternoon but is still warm enough for the pool deck snoozers to do a little sunbathing.

Nice day in Olden today, grey this morning and then clear skies and sunny. According to the locals this was the second sunny day in a month. Fantastic views from the top of the extremely steep cable car ride ($169 ship tour or $75 off ship).

Weird overheard dinner conversation between Mr & Mrs (we paid 55,000 sterling for our suite) and Mr (I only paid 40,000 sterling for mine).

Thanks for continuing to share your Norwegian Wind voyage with us Mr. Silver. Absolutely loved your terrific Olden snaps...we also plan to do the cable car ride up to Mt. Hoven on own own next month after our morning Mount Huaren hike.

Thanks for continuing to share your Norwegian Wind voyage with us Mr. Silver. Absolutely loved your terrific Olden snaps...we also plan to do the cable car ride up to Mt. Hoven on own own next month after our morning Mount Huaren hike.

It was stunning Wes, only opened 5 weeks ago. Had some rough weather out at sea on the way to Olden, no warning from a mute Capt. Arno, then yesterday he warned of rough seas between Olden and Bergen, and it was only very slightly bumpy.

Arrived in Bergen to rain, clear by 9, and now the sun is out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums