Price of lobster rolls at the Seafood Shack on the Freedom?

What a rip-off! :mad:

I just got back from Maine and Boston where I had 6 lobster rolls and the cheapest was $18 and most expensive was $25. They were big, though, and don't know size of them on the ships.

I have a couple more Seafood Shack questions. Do the lobster rolls only come cold or can you order them CT style (warm).

Has anyone tried the clam strips? My parents are nostalgic for the old Howard Johnson's strips - though I am certain those would have to have been frozen.

I have a couple more Seafood Shack questions. Do the lobster rolls only come cold or can you order them CT style (warm).

Has anyone tried the clam strips? My parents are nostalgic for the old Howard Johnson's strips - though I am certain those would have to have been frozen.

I had them on the Vista last October and thought they were good size. And yes, you can order warm with butter. that's how I had mine and they were great!!

I also had the Lobster Rolls on the Vista - $12 - loved them - they were warm - could request mayo or butter - the fries that came with them were different than anywhere else on ship - one order could have fed two people, I felt it was a generous portion - will definitely have again.

The clam strips from HJ is a real throwback reminder! Delish!

What I've seen (haven't had one on any line), there is not enough lobster (typical roll in Maine has 1/2 lb of meat (including the prime claw meat), and too much mayo and celery. The bun should be toasted, but the roll, as served should be cool. Virtually all lobster meat on cruise ships is frozen, and this significantly affects the taste and texture of the meat.

Clam strips are fried frozen ones....just like HJ! :)

They are OK. All the fried stuff at Seafood Shack is a little greasy though IMO.

Don't get too excited. I will say it was large. It was cut in two and one 1/2 would have been enough for me, and I am a healthy eater. My mom ordered one too and we could easily have split it and saved the extra $12... However, I did not think it was very good and would not order it again. I did have the option with the mayo, so maybe the butter one is better. But I found the bun to be kind of soggy, and the flavor of the lobster to be lacking.

My personal opinion for what it is worth.

Will say I am glad they brought the sushi bar back to the Conquest (even though you have to pay for it now)... LOVE ME some California roll!... and for only $5 a much better choice in my opinion.