When should we expect to be provided with a finger bow?

p010ne

Yeah, nothing makes my day like a finger bowl. But it has to have the right amount of lemon or the whole thing is ruined.

It's really difficult to get that exact right amount so they had to discontinue the practice before it ever begun. ;)

I have never seen a finger bowl on any cruise that I have been on since I took my first cruise in the mid 1970's.

BUT I think they would be a great idea to have in the public wash rooms for those who don't want to wash their hands. At least their dirty little fingers would be some what clean. :)

Yeah, nothing makes my day like a finger bowl. But it has to have the right amount of lemon or the whole thing is ruined.

A small amount of garlic does wonders for ensuring your fellow passengers aren't vampires or werewolves. Just dip and flick.

I have never seen a finger bowl on any cruise that I have been on since I took my first cruise in the mid 1970's.

BUT I think they would be a great idea to have in the public wash rooms for those who don't want to wash their hands. At least their dirty little fingers would be some what clean. :)

:eek:Bidet?:eek:

Oh my. Why add still yet one more step to the already overworked waiters?

Before you know it there will be threads here from people complaining that there was not enough lemon or the water wasn't hot enough...or too hot, or their table was skipped entirely. Then Princess will be blamed for only serving in the section set aside for the suite and up-charged mini-suites folk.

I can see where something serviceable could be useful when serving seafood still in shells, i.e., the Crab Shack. It's hard to visualize someone requiring a finger bowl when they have a plastic bib around their neck. :D

The only restaurant I remember giving us finger bowls is Swiss Chalet (chicken restaurant in Canada).

I can't imagine getting one on a cruise. It begs the question - Why are you eating with your fingers? Are you unable to use a fork?

The only restaurant I remember giving us finger bowls is Swiss Chalet (chicken restaurant in Canada).

I can't imagine getting one on a cruise. It begs the question - Why are you eating with your fingers? Are you unable to use a fork?

:confused:http://bfy.tw/CXXt :confused:

We are always pleased when the wait staff provide us the extra courtesy of a finger bowl (a bit of lemon in the water?)! Do you also appreciate when provided that little extra touch in the dining room? I suppose one could use a small bowl in the buffet and fill it with some luke/tepid water too?:eek:

Really only saw that on Cunard. It didn't happen on Princess with us. We did receive a warm lemon infused hand wash cloth, but that's not the same.