Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Spins.....l also emailed Shots offering to be of any help and asked her kindly to pass my email address on to you so we could touch base before September.....she replied to say she hadn't received your mail.

I did mention to her that you would be better than l to recommend a good TA in the US.

Yikes I used the email address she sent.

They didn't bounce back to me.

I will resend...

I don't know what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe just leave it for now...if you have an email addy that l can connect with I'll write....mine contains my whole name which l won't post for security reasons....☺️

I don't know what to do.

Well, `i just looked and the email is still there

Stvwalk2 @ aol dot com

Try again. Delete the existing address otherwise it will autofill. Then type it in again ensuring you miss the spaces and use a . for dot. ie @aol.com

Well I tried it again, apparently I missed the 2.

So much for not wearing my glasses. But it did not work with the spaces Jeff.

Hopefully it will work.

I am going for a swim. Pool is 88. Lovely!

Don't know if I already posted this, but next Wednesday we are flying to Vail, Colorado, for the Bravo Music Festival. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will play a piece commissioned by the Festival. I'm so excited! Never been to Colorado before and looking forward to the hiking trails in those lovely mountains. Anybody been before? Any recommendations?

Don't know if I already posted this, but next Wednesday we are flying to Vail, Colorado, for the Bravo Music Festival. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will play a piece commissioned by the Festival. I'm so excited! Never been to Colorado before and looking forward to the hiking trails in those lovely mountains. Anybody been before? Any recommendations?

Send Roberto best wishes for the birth of his baby ....

Spins, I love shopping. As the saying goes "I am a fashionista" AND with a Marshall's & TJMaxx budget for most daily wears. However, I do splurge at times and even got a personal shopper at Saks. However, this time I am most interested in mid-level trails...hoping that Roberto has this interest too! We will be only a few days, unfortunately. Hoping the weather is warm...even very warm!

Jeff, thanks for your thoughts. I'll pass them on.

Lots of emailing going on. Nice to see all the Coolers sharing information.

We've been busy at work this weekend and it's wearing us down a bit. Yesterday wasn't terrible, but the cat woke us up at 5AM with her trifecta. She peed on the floor (luckily tile), did a solid present on the welcome mat, then barfed for good measure. Poor old girl... Still, not the best way to start a Saturday, before breakfast.

We managed to get a nice walk in on Saturday afternoon, with only a few calls interrupting. And I think I finally got the pool clean. Today wasn't bad but she woke us again at 5, whining for food...

We tried to do our usual run this afternoon but we were both exhausted so we settled for a very slow time. Then we jumped in the pool for a bit to cool down.

Dinner tonight was inspired by a very ripe mango that we'd been looking at for a while. Chris found a recipe for Vietnamese grilled shrimp salad, and we'd managed to accumulate most of the ingredients over the weekend. Believe it or not, Chris found this recipe in some catalog that Viking River Cruises sent to us.

b5b95c4ab28146d19582aa2718b8e26a.jpg

As we chopped, modified, and put it together, we thought it would be really weird. Mango and papaya, with onions? I added a little bit of red (sweet) pepper for good measure. The market didn't have jicama today so I substituted daikon, soaked in iced salty water to mellow it a bit.

The dressing smelled funky as we put it together. Fish sauce is so strange. It smells gross to me but adds great flavor. The lime juice and the brown sugar mellowed it beautifully. And the fresh herbs...

The shrimp were almost an afterthought. The dish was yummy, and great for a hot summer day.

d8a6c123a71bf098ce45952349a34577.jpg

I added the sliced jalapenos to my serving. Chris thought the chili-garlic in the dressing was hot enough. I skipped the peanuts; neither of us are fond of them and it had enough crunch as is.

b1c9705b4929ee3f9446075ace8fe666.jpg

We planned to do a little weeding tonight after dinner, but luckily, it started raining. Guess it will have to wait. Tomorrow we are not on call so we're going to go out for dinner. Someone else can cook tomorrow, and wash the dishes!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

JP, that looks like summer on a plate!

I did lots of cooking myself today, but no pictures. I started the morning with a batch of Meyer Lemon curd, then homemade strawberry ice cream. Strawberries are in season here and so much better than those overgrown tasteless things available year round. Finally, we had some chips and salsa, queso, and beer battered mushrooms with a pitcher of Mojitos while relaxing on the deck. Weather was perfect here today for a relaxing Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shots, you're letting me down! I enjoy your food pictures. Some day we should pick some strawberries, if we ever made time to do that.

Lois, Chris and I are both doctors. We are on call a fair amount...I take call every third week. Luckily our hospital is small so it's not too terrible, most of the time, and it's mostly call from home. Though we can't go out a lot when we're on call, we can stay home and cook.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app