Embarkation Magic in July

Sunny0528

On Magic Port Canaveral next month planning arrival time, have check in time of 11-11:30 but have group that have some medical reasons & it would be hard to wait outside long time in the sun to check in so although love to get on ship as early as we could, is it best to arrive early at 10:30-11:30 or later to avoid the large outdoor crowds?? THANKS!!

If you don't arrive before your chosen/assigned checkin time, you won't have to wait outside. Note that it is check in time, and gets you inside the terminal. Not boarding time, which could be an hour or more later, depending on when the ship is cleared, and your zone number for boarding. but at least you would be inside out of the sun. EM

It took us almost an hour to get into the drop off zone on our Magic cruise. But once dropped off we walked right into the building. Just don't arrive before your window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
On Magic Port Canaveral next month planning arrival time, have check in time of 11-11:30 but have group that have some medical reasons & it would be hard to wait outside long time in the sun to check in so although love to get on ship as early as we could, is it best to arrive early at 10:30-11:30 or later to avoid the large outdoor crowds?? THANKS!!

Just off Magic yesterday. As suggested I would definitely contact Carnival for assistance at the Port. We arrived precisely at our check-in time (11:30 am) and there was a LONG queue line outside which continued to a long queue line inside the terminal for check-in, and another for SeaPass pickup. We were in line for close to an hour before check-in was completed but we were then able to board immediately.

Another note - the walk into the terminal is quite long as well, so you will likely be glad you requested the assistance.

I was a bit surprised by the long lines as I had assumed the staggered check-in times were created to prevent that.