2019 Prinsendam Grand South America

rafinmd

I have the initial itinerary for the 2019 Grand South America on the MS Prinsendam. It's a little longer than recent cases at 80 days. One surprise and it may change is a stop in Venezuela. Retrieving the itinerary was a bit awkward. The only way I could get it was by printing the "Itinerary" tab on my booking to PDF. I've omitted the first page since it has some personnel information. The ports from the missing page are:

1/4/19 (Fri) leave FTL 18:00

1/7 (Mon) Santa Marta, Colombia 08:00-17:00

1/8 (Tue) San Blas Islands, Panama 12:00-18:00

1/9 (Wed) Transit Panama Canal

1/9-10(Thu) Furte Amador, Panama (20:00-18:00)

The rest of the itinerary is on the 2 attachments. Here's a map:

W9S80A.jpg

Roy

part1.pdf

part2.pdf

Edited by rafinmd
Typo

Thanks for posting the G. S.A. ports. We are sure ging to miss the G. Med. We are booked on the rand Med 2018 and was planning on booking the 2019 while onboard the "17". Looks like we will have to sail with another Line.

Thanks again Jim & Wools

Thanks for posting the G. S.A. ports. We are sure ging to miss the G. Med. We are booked on the rand Med 2018 and was planning on booking the 2019 while onboard the "17". Looks like we will have to sail with another Line.

Thanks again Jim & Wools

Why is that? Has HAL announced the end of the Grand Med, or are you inferring that from the posting of the Grand SA & not (yet) the Grand Med?

Rick

Why is that? Has HAL announced the end of the Grand Med, or are you inferring that from the posting of the Grand SA & not (yet) the Grand Med?

Rick

When I talked with my TA about the Grand SA, he told me that there would be no Grand Med.... He mentioned he was going to have some unhappy customers.

Susan

I was also told by the World Cruise desk at HAL, NO GRAND MED AFTER 2018.:loudcry:

That's a shame; its a great cruise. I hope HAL isn't pointing toward elimination of Grand Voyages, which are really their best niche in our opinion. I was hoping they would add one or two more, not eliminate them. I really have a hard time understanding how HAL is being managed these days.

I pre-booked the 2019 Grand South America and last week when my TA sent me my confirmation, I too, noticed the extended days. I've been to SA 3 times, Antarctica once, and can't wait to be able to go again. I've never been to the Amazon or Rio, however, nor the more northern Peruvian ports, so I'm very happy with the itinerary, extended though it may be.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I have made a tentative booking, I was looking for the Prinsendam Jan. 4, 2019 Roll Call which does not exist yet.

I shall try to get it initiated.

If it didn't exist then how did you post to it here?? [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it didn't exist then how did you post to it here?? [emoji3][emoji3]

Well, "here" is not the same as the other address you have given below, and neither that one nor this one seems to be registered as the official Roll Call.

I got "here" by putting the word "Prinsendam" into the thread search box. Hundreds of threads appeared on the search list, so I looked for other words in the titles and your title brought me here.

Try using the FIND YOUR ROLL CALL feature on the right side of the page. When the ship's name and date are entered, the Roll Call should appear, but it's not there yet.

scluvsrain, it sure looks to me that you titled the roll call properly. I'll venture a wild guess at why it doesn't show up in the index. I think I saw that the Cruise Critic software scans new threads and compares them against a list of valid cruise dates for the ship. Since the Grand South America cruise was so anticipated you may have started the roll call before January 4, 2019 got added to the list of valid Prinsendam dates.

I'll suggest that as the OP on the roll call you do one or both of the following:

On the roll call opening post click the blue (formerly red) triangle and ask that the thread be added to CC's roll call finder data base

and/or

email Host Walt with a link to the roll call thread and ask for him to intervene and have the roll call added manually.

It might have just been a malfunction of the software but in any case you did properly format the roll call title.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
There is only one. I started it and I've just asked the host to modify its name but he hasn't done it yet. No worries.

The other roll call I found is titled "Prinsendam - January 4, 2019 80 Days Grand South America" and someone on that roll call says they are the correct one. Guess I will stay on both for now.

Wanted to do this cruise for about 8 years and I am excited to finally have it booked. Seems like for one reason or another we always decided to do something else every year. I'm Tina, DH and I are from FL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The other roll call I found is titled "Prinsendam - January 4, 2019 80 Days Grand South America" and someone on that roll call says they are the correct one. Guess I will stay on both for now.

Wanted to do this cruise for about 8 years and I am excited to finally have it booked. Seems like for one reason or another we always decided to do something else every year. I'm Tina, DH and I are from FL.

That is THE roll call. You still have not pointed to another one. Are you thinking this is a roll call?

THIS IS NOT A ROLL CALL

I started this thread when the voyage first came out to give basic information on the itinerary as there were people wondering about 2019 Grand Voyages.

That is THE roll call. You still have not pointed to another one. Are you thinking this is a roll call?

THIS IS NOT A ROLL CALL

I started this thread when the voyage first came out to give basic information on the itinerary as there were people wondering about 2019 Grand Voyages.

I can't point to the other one because I am on an iPad, not a computer. However, I thought this was a roll call as I thought that was what I was searching in when I found it. Since this is NOT a roll call thread my question is resolved. Thanks! I see where you posted on the actual roll call.