The next best thing to being on a cruise...

The next best thing is being on ANY vacation in a place you love! A cruise is a vacation...so is a land-based vacation. If you're not at work, you are good to go. Personally, I'd like to be in VEGAS, baby!

I agree with KansasCity -- our land vacations are often either hectic (think bus-tours with something everyday, living out of a suitcase) or a bit stressful (self-drive with the planning left to me) -- but relaxing on the patio in the late afternoon shade with a white zinfandel (ya I know not real wine! only time I drink it!) at our new fire-table convo set... is pretty sweet!

I do love any kind of travel but after being on 4 land trips in 3 months (including a several thousand mile road trip to and from Savannah) and working full time it is hard to just keep up with the day to day things that need to get done. So an afternoon "off" to enjoy a leisurely adult beverage was heaven.

And I got to enjoy it with our "comfort" dog, as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're taking a break from cruising this year. I was time to just chill out on the patio for us and take care of some projects around the house. I have a girls get away planned in August and then I'm going on a buck list African Safari with a friend in November, but DH and I don't have any cruises planned until next April. Something may sneak in between now and then, but it's been kind of nice to just relax and not think about packing, taking care of the pets while we're away, etc.

We're taking a break from cruising this year. I was time to just chill out on the patio for us and take care of some projects around the house. I have a girls get away planned in August and then I'm going on a buck list African Safari with a friend in November, but DH and I don't have any cruises planned until next April. Something may sneak in between now and then, but it's been kind of nice to just relax and not think about packing, taking care of the pets while we're away, etc.

The safari sounds great. My oldest daughter spent 10 weeks in South Africa with a gap year group and had an amazing time. For most of the time they stayed in a wildlife refuge and would wake on occasion to elephants in the garden! I have not yet been to Africa but it's on my list.

We always seem to have more house projects than time to do them. And the last thing I want to do with vacation days is work around the house.

We do miss our dog when we are on vacation so it's good to be home for a few months.

ef978dc2463f27ac70d7d7b2922d821e.jpg

I'm planning to do that this afternoon!! Note to self: buy RC glassware next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha. The glasses came with a drink we ordered at one of the late night pool parties. They have thick walls so keep the drinks pretty well chilled and even have led lights in the bottom. It's fun to be able to have a drink and bring back good memories at the same time.

We enjoy RV'ing too. We have a 40 ft fifth-wheel camper and love vacationing in it! In 2019 we're going to either southern Utah or Montana for 2 weeks. We use it almost every weekend in the summer at a campground 2 hours from home where we have a camping lot.

I like going cruising every once in a while because then we get to be pampered. In the RV you can't get that :)

This website really needs a like option, as I wanna like your pics (esp of your dog)

Thanks so much! One of the things I did yesterday afternoon was download tapatalk, which I had been meaning to do for ages. Posting photos is SO much easier than using Flickr. I will probably be posting more photos now.

We were floating on raft in our pool earlier today weather was perfect mid 80's so was pool water, a couple of weeks ago we were in NYC having lunch at Delmonico's then saw a great Broadway play, in general prefer NYC to cruise but suite on RCCL is so much cheaper then suite in NYC and a Broadway play and Delmonico's, life is good

We were floating on raft in our pool earlier today weather was perfect mid 80's so was pool water, a couple of weeks ago we were in NYC having lunch at Delmonico's then saw a great Broadway play, in general prefer NYC to cruise but suite on RCCL is so much cheaper then suite in NYC and a Broadway play and Delmonico's, life is good

I hear you on the prices in NYC. Our oldest daughter went to college there and ended up staying. The more we go, the more we like it but the prices are crazy so we usually only go for long weekends. We will be taking a TA in two months which ends in Bayonne. We have tickets that night for Hamilton, so REALLY looking forward to that.

Way to easy of a question. Just hanging out on my balcony

BTW, the CC Forums app is also just as easy for posting pics.

deb8452f07bbb257364b36af96ff68af.jpg

4afc3ed948b5f2eb8eccea7d341393aa.jpg

728f2447e3cb097718a1fce2a0a51be4.jpg

93aa0f100417ddd6a835de83f6b566f1.jpg

545d72f9b2b228df9d6efb55009eab38.jpg

Falcon landing is actually from our beach. Our balcony faces south and the Cape is to our north.

81d68c009260a1ddbf47fa0d10ab69b8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's a million dollar view for sure - and not just the beach! Thanks for the info on the CC forums app. I'll have to try that too.

BTW, the CC Forums app is also just as easy for posting pics.

deb8452f07bbb257364b36af96ff68af.jpg

4afc3ed948b5f2eb8eccea7d341393aa.jpg

728f2447e3cb097718a1fce2a0a51be4.jpg

93aa0f100417ddd6a835de83f6b566f1.jpg

545d72f9b2b228df9d6efb55009eab38.jpg

Falcon landing is actually from our beach. Our balcony faces south and the Cape is to our north.

81d68c009260a1ddbf47fa0d10ab69b8.jpg

Awesome photo of Bella, John. Love the views from your balcony.

Stop by sometime your over this way.

Thanks, would love to. I have been looking at trading a time share week to your neighborhood. We have spent a week at what used to be Ron Jon's and now has a new owner/name. I have trading power points which we need to use or lose. Always enjoy the port area and spent lots of time there when we lived in Windermere (Orlando). Not as much now as we are on W coast near Crystal River.

Love, love your photos of Bella. We have a cat Cleo but she is not as cute as Bella.

Grace