MSC Northern Europe cruise. Excursion advice reqd.

kertir

Hi,

1st time posting so be gentle. My wife & i have just booked a 7 night Northern europe cruise on MSC Preziosa and are interested in one or two excursions.

First one is into Brugges from Zeebrugge, this is 42 euros each for return coach trip only from the ship into Brugges. Is it easy enough to use public transport & if so can anyone provide details,bus,train info,price & travel time?

Also the ship docks in Amsterdam & I wanted to get a rough idea if of the distance from ship to Amsterdam central station, can you walk it or are there shuttle buses provided, or do I need to sign up for an excursion here also?

Any assistance greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,

Kertir.

Generally, they lay on a bus to Blankenburge in Zeebrugge where you can get a train to Brugges, It runs hourly to brugge and twice hourly back, costs 3 euro each way and takes about 15 minutes.

https://www.trainline.eu/train-times/blankenberge-to-brugge

Amsterdam is a ten/fifteen minute walk to Central station on a fairly level road.

Thanks Arachnid,

just the info I was looking for, public transport to Brugges looks a lot cheaper than 84 euros return for us both using the ships excursions!

Thanks!:D

For info once you get to Brugges it is about a 20/30 minute walk into the centre of the city or you can get the number 3 or 12 bus right outside the train station and get off at Brugge Markt which is in the Markt (Market Square). The walk is quite pleasant down narrow cobbled streets and you go through one of the main shopping streets (Zuidzandstraat) on the way, the walk may take longer depending on the amount of time you spend salivating over all the chocolate in the shops.

I have also just found this as well, I might be looking at this for October

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProductDetail?product=22540P1&d=8764003&aidSuffix=xsell&partner=Viator

:p

Edited by Arachnid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have just returned from Brugge on RCI Navigator of the seas. There were plenty of shuttle buses going to Brugge at a cost of euro 10 PP. It took 15 mins, it drops you off at a bus park and it's a 10 minute walk (follow the masses) last bus back was 16:30 for us them.

We are on preziosa on 27th Sept, and plan to take the same route. MSC excursion price euro45 - a no brainer!!