MSC Divina Aft Balcony: smaller rooms?

wsg

We just booked 12264 on the Divina in April.

We feel we somewhat lucked out getting an aft facing balcony room. They seem to be priced higher and higher categories on most other lines but this was the same as any other B2 on the ship.

Has anyone been in these rooms and have pictures? We were concerned that perhaps the balcony is much smaller than the others but are not sure if its the deck plans are accurate. Also, will we have any kind of privacy back there?

Thanks in advance!

WSG ...

Aft cabin 10277 on Deck 10, Deck 12 cabins are the same size, Balconies on 12 are not as long as 10.

[/url]

Thank you for the photo! Did you find it cold or windy back there?

WSG ... Never really found it too windy or cold apart from a few times while crossing the Atlantic ... :)

I would think it unlikely it would be that way in the Caribbean we never found it to be. I would think that Deck 12 would get more sun when it is at the back of the ship than those on Deck 10 as those Balconies are long and deep.

Edited by sidari

• 2 years later...

I know this thread dates back to 2014 but I wonder if anyone knows if the corner aft balcony cabins on 10 on Divina (10271,10254) are a bit bigger cabins and also a bit bigger balcony, I booked one of the middle ones because I thought there would be noise from the stairway but now looking at the deck plan it looks like the corner cabins might be just a bit bigger.

Also, anyone been in the corner afts and heard any noise from the stairway?

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

We loved our cabin right above 10254 (11262), no noise, very convenient as far as the stairs go since you use them yourself to go to the buffet on deck 14. Not sure but deck 10 balconies might be a bit smaller than ours was on 11. I'll check that. Noise - none, zero, zip... :p unless of course you hear and feel the movement of the ship as it's being docked.

I don't think the cabins are any larger, balcony might be, we had, upon request, 2 chairs, 2 loungers and 1 footrest on our balcony. The bed was great size and very comfy, almost too comfy, pillow included. I only mention the pillows b/c others had said they were terrible, no longer the case, IMO. There was a sofa = double bed pullout too.

The only thing it lacked were hangars but easily corrected by asking the room steward for a few more, our room steward was fantastic.

HTH, enjoy your cruise

PS Coscab I found the info here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2154692&page=5

scroll to post 89 and Pete (skier52) has a pic of the balcony and it's great!!

Edited by All-ready2cruise
PS. found the link

Thanks for the replies, I checked if either of the corners were still available but they are not, maybe next time, I shouldn't have let the stairway influence my choice when I booked.

The deck plan looks like it might be a possibility that the bed might be against the wall that backs up against the stairway, good to know there was no noise from the stairway. I also considered that people might smoke out there.

Deck 10 balconies are longer than deck 11.

Do you know what the square footage difference would be Dave? Just wonderinng, ours on deck 11 seemed very spacious so not sure a few extra inches/feet would make a difference if all you want is to have a lounger and a couple of chairs on the balcony. I was concerned with the inside space but it was great too and I believe coscab was interested in that as well.

Cheers,

Do you know what the square footage difference would be Dave? Just wonderinng, ours on deck 11 seemed very spacious so not sure a few extra inches/feet would make a difference if all you want is to have a lounger and a couple of chairs on the balcony. I was concerned with the inside space but it was great too and I believe coscab was interested in that as well.

Cheers,

deck 10 aft balconies are 118 sq ft

deck 11 are 96 sq ft

pete

We feel we somewhat lucked out getting an aft facing balcony room. They seem to be priced higher and higher categories on most other lines but this was the same as any other B2 on the ship.

Has anyone been in these rooms and have pictures? We were concerned that perhaps the balcony is much smaller than the others but are not sure if its the deck plans are accurate. Also, will we have any kind of privacy back there?

Thanks in advance!

The ones on deck 10 & 11 aft are bigger.

Deck 10 have the biggest balconies, then 11, then 12. I was aft on deck 12 and could fit one lounger, 2 chairs, and one table on my balcony.

I would keep the mid-ship cabin. The doors to the stairs have a bit of a vacuum effect when closing so they can slam quite loud. Plus, on the ends people peek around the corner into your balcony (curiosity). Middle is better but I'd take the end if that was all that was available because I like a lounger on my balcony so the space would be worth the chance of peepers and slammers :).

There are several photos of mid-ship deck 12 aft balcony in my live review from last April. Your room will be identical to the photos i posted. Enjoy!! It's a great cabin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Thanks in advance!

The room is the same size but the balcony on 10 aft is way bigger.

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Deck 10 have the biggest balconies, then 11, then 12. I was aft on deck 12 and could fit one lounger, 2 chairs, and one table on my balcony.

I would keep the mid-ship cabin. The doors to the stairs have a bit of a vacuum effect when closing so they can slam quite loud. Plus, on the ends people peek around the corner into your balcony (curiosity). Middle is better but I'd take the end if that was all that was available because I like a lounger on my balcony so the space would be worth the chance of peepers and slammers :).

There are several photos of mid-ship deck 12 aft balcony in my live review from last April. Your room will be identical to the photos i posted. Enjoy!! It's a great cabin 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there Bermudabound2014 How do I get your live review as we have booked an Aft balcony deck 12. Cabin 12260. Cheers 

On 6/21/2017 at 6:04 AM, QueenofEverything said:

We are booked on a deck 10 aft balcony cabin. I see some pictures with loungers and some without. Do you have to request them ahead of time? Is there any problem getting them? Thanks

Hi. Did you have to prebook the lounge chairs or where they already on your balcony?  Cheers 

3 hours ago, kathmd said:

Hi. Did you have to prebook the lounge chairs or where they already on your balcony?  Cheers 

You can't pre-book loungers;  you can ask your cabin steward to provide you with one.  However, it's hit and miss whether you'll get one.  We couldn't;  we were told they were needed on the pool decks.

13 hours ago, kathmd said:

Hi there Bermudabound2014 How do I get your live review as we have booked an Aft balcony deck 12. Cabin 12260. Cheers 

Hi, my live review is linked somewhere in my signature. That review has several photos of my deck 12 cabin with one lounge chair and 2 regular chairs. That's about all that will fit on 12. I went on the Divina in April 2016 if that helps you locate the live review. There was a slight issue getting a lounge chair. They weren't happy, but I ended up tipping a pool by $20. I actually had to walk him onto my balcony to see that the balconies below me had lounge chairs. LOTS of people report no luck getting a lounger out there, so heads up. I was nice, persistent, and got cash. That worked. Deck 10 has the biggest balconies, so pick that if you can. Deck 10 will easily hold 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs Then 11, then 12. Be careful because deck 13 has no balcony (Romeo and Juliette). 

My avatar was taken from the Divina deck 12 aft. 🙂