Jan Swartz email

RASHOPPER2

You might want to send a snail mail letter to her, I'm sure her emails are screened and unlikely that she reads ones that aren't pertinent to daily business. Snail mail might get a response.

For whatever reason you intend on contacting her for, you would probably get a response and resolution quicker by going through customer service.

I agree, your chances of getting a response is minimal. However, miracles do happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response.

They will get a response. It may not be from Jan but it will be either from her office or from Customer Service.

Some of the very best CEO's periodically read email from their customers addressed to them. Not saying that Jan is one of the best but it is not unheard for CEO's to do this.

Edited by Coral

They will get a response. It may not be from Jan but it will be either from her office or from Customer Service.

Some of the very best CEO's periodically read email from their customers addressed to them. Not saying that Jan is one of the best but it is not unheard for CEO's to do this.

I have generally received a phone call from the Customer Relations person assigned to the specific ship to discuss issues in an email to the CEO. It gets read and assigned if something needs to be resolved.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know the email address of Ms. Swartz? Thanks

I called reservations the other day because Princess had a huge Onboard Credit being given. It said New Bookings Only. I was told if that banner was to be removed I could get it so keep watching. Today it was not there but the credit remained. I called and spoke to a lady who told me I would have to change room to a higher price which I did. It gave me the same credit I already had.I was switched to customer service to be told they do not do that but it prices went down, I could be upgraded because they do not want people who book early to get a worse fare than new bookings. I do not understand the difference. 2 people from Princess told me I could get it but Princess does not stand behind the things the people they trained, say. I said that Ship Mate app has 2 people who posted that they got it. I was asked for their booking number and real names and, since they did not post their real names and booking number, they were lying. Really??? Calling your customers liars??? I can only imagine what they are saying about me! I have 7 people whom I referred and more that are getting me their info for everybody traveling with them. I feel Jan Swartz, who was VP of Customer Service should know how her Customer Service is treating their customers. Glad I found it here.

I understand that but, being a sales manager, when one of my people tell the customer something wrong, I give the customer what they were told then coach the salesperson so it does not happen again. And to call your customers liars to another customer, he should be fired instantly.

Not so sure about that, I sent a registered letter to her and heard nothing. I followed up with customer service and they have no record of that letter although I did have a return post card confirming delivery with a signature on it.

Situations like that are the reason I have a TA. She works for a very well known online travel agency. She has been booking cruises for 10 years and has the right contacts at the cruise lines to get her customers what they are entitled to.I also always get OBC that is offered by the travel agency and a discount off the cruise price.

Situations like that are the reason I have a TA. She works for a very well known online travel agency. She has been booking cruises for 10 years and has the right contacts at the cruise lines to get her customers what they are entitled to.I also always get OBC that is offered by the travel agency and a discount off the cruise price.

Not even your TA could have done anything about this. The promotion was for new bookings only... OP wanted her cake and eat it too and it just doesn't work that way.

Not even your TA could have done anything about this. The promotion was for new bookings only... OP wanted her cake and eat it too and it just doesn't work that way.

I tried too.. An extra $150 OBC. Yeah I tried.

In my case the sale came out the day after final payment. (Nov 1st CB) But I didn't get it. Still EXTREMELY happy with what I did get. I upgraded myself to an awesome cabin with double the OBC and booked the following cruise with a great price and 1/2 the fare in OBC.

I was a day late and a dollar short. But looking at a 9 day cruise in a better cabin than I've ever sailed on Princess. With lots of OBC to boot.

AND was able to cash in on those great rates (almost free) for family members to join us!

September 2nd I was soooooo unhappy with Princess. But so much and change in a day or two!

Actually, the OP never said why he/she wanted to contact Jan Swartz! :)

But on another note, a well-connected TA can sometimes get their business rep to work around promotion restrictions and depending on the situation can get their Customer Services connections to "bend" a rule here or there; my TA has solved a few of my cruise issues that way.

I would also recommend trying several avenues: social media for one - if Jan's on Facebook, twitter, linked in. And don't give up on Customer Services; it's just a matter of finding the right reps who will hear you out and give you honest answers. Good luck!!! :)

Edited by KikiKruiser

Amazing how a thread evolves from a simple request. Who cares why the OP wanted the e-mail address? Wouldn't it have been enough to just provide it and stop there?

Oh, now you are just being silly! Have you forgotten where you are? :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
My TA and I had several calls with Customer Service and then I sent a registered letter return receipt requested and then an email about an issue and never heard back. Any suggestions?

IMO it's their position to ignore and most will go away.

This seems to be more prevalent since Alan Buckelew left several years ago.

IMO it's their position to ignore and most will go away.

This seems to be more prevalent since Alan Buckelew left several years ago.

It is interesting that you brought up Alan Buckelew. My own direct experience with him was after the Grand was reconfigured.

The ship was delivered to the crew in less than acceptable condition. We experienced a dirty cabin with wet carpets, and, as a bonus, dirty socks and underware on the storage shelf. Having sailed Princess before, we knew that the crew would make things right. Some (many) of our fellow passengers expressed their dissatisfaction by indicating that they would be zeroing out the gratuities. Of course, that would be taking one's anger out on the wrong people.

At any rate, I sent a note to Alan about the experience. We noted that the crew became the victim of a bad job by the dry dock team and that they deserved better inasmuch as they had a great deal of work after the ship was delivered to them. We received a call back from his staff within 48 hours and were able to elaborate on the experience for 20 to 30 minutes.

I have not had any occasion to have found it necessary to contact Jan Schwartz. If she and her staff are anything like Alan Bucelew, they are pretty darned good. If they are not, too bad for Princess.

I always contrast Alan Buckelew's response to that of Steve Perillo after a horrible Italy tour where more than three different parties received no response whatsoever.

It is interesting that you brought up Alan Buckelew. My own direct experience with him was after the Grand was reconfigured.

The ship was delivered to the crew in less than acceptable condition. We experienced a dirty cabin with wet carpets, and, as a bonus, dirty socks and underware on the storage shelf. Having sailed Princess before, we knew that the crew would make things right. Some (many) of our fellow passengers expressed their dissatisfaction by indicating that they would be zeroing out the gratuities. Of course, that would be taking one's anger out on the wrong people.

At any rate, I sent a note to Alan about the experience. We noted that the crew became the victim of a bad job by the dry dock team and that they deserved better inasmuch as they had a great deal of work after the ship was delivered to them. We received a call back from his staff within 48 hours and were able to elaborate on the experience for 20 to 30 minutes.

I have not had any occasion to have found it necessary to contact Jan Schwartz. If she and her staff are anything like Alan Bucelew, they are pretty darned good. If they are not, too bad for Princess.

I always contrast Alan Buckelew's response to that of Steve Perillo after a horrible Italy tour where more than three different parties received no response whatsoever.

Its seems that Mr.Buckelew and his staff were way more proactive than the current regime. IMO of course.

I recently had occasion to e-mail Jan Swartz. Let's step back. Customer service on the ship told us we would be called by customer service in Santa Clarita when we returned home. No one called. I e-mailed twice. No one called. I sent Ms. Swartz a letter by e-mail and by snail mail on May 24. I received a voice mail from customer service on May 31, or seven days later, but when I returned the call within an hour, I got a message that the rep assigned to me was out until June 6. When I spoke to the rep, she told me that there was no plan for anyone to contact me upon return home, despite what ship customer service said. And my mails? They were eaten by a glitch in Outlook. Without going into details (I'll post a ship review soon enough) we received a credit on the ship and a further credit from customer service, but I'm here solely to respond to the comments about the speed at which things happen. The fact that we received credits I think speaks to the seriousness of the issue.