Steakhouse Bar?

Jwglenn25

Question for anyone who frequents the Steakhouse. I have read on this forum that during dinner guests have ordered more premium drinks with their cheers package in the steakhouse then what are offered in all other areas onboard. Do the steakhouses usually have a bar to go grab a drink(without sitting for dinner) or is this for dinner guests only? thanks in advance

Question for anyone who frequents the Steakhouse. I have read on this forum that during dinner guests have ordered more premium drinks with their cheers package in the steakhouse then what are offered in all other areas onboard. Do the steakhouses usually have a bar to go grab a drink(without sitting for dinner) or is this for dinner guests only? thanks in advance

Was told it was for dinner guests only on Magic. I liked the drink Sidecar so much we went back to Prime to order one the next day since no other bartender knew what we were talking about or what it was made of. Couldnt get one. We did finally find a bartender that knew what it was but said it would be the same because of a special ingredient only the steakhouse had.

Edited by ryano

Couldnt get one. We did finally find a bartender that knew what it was but said it would be the same because of a special ingredient only the steakhouse had.

A1 sauce?

Edited by Greggy_D

:D

Carnival's steakhouse needs no A-1 sauce. ;)

Exactly. Chops, however ;). Funny A1 being mentioned though. I was pleasantly surprised to look around Prime and not see a single bottle of A1 on the table. Yeah, I looked :o. While some people would put ketchup on a 100 dollar steak, the number of bottles of A1 on the tables is generally a good indication to me how good the steak is lol

Prime was outstanding. Best meal and service at sea ever

good and bad to hear at the same time! haha i was hoping i could wander in there for a drink or two a night. Maybe ill have to try to make reservations one night. Hard to beat a great steak

Was told it was for dinner guests only on Magic. I liked the drink Sidecar so much we went back to Prime to order one the next day since no other bartender knew what we were talking about or what it was made of. Couldnt get one. We did finally find a bartender that knew what it was but said it would be the same because of a special ingredient only the steakhouse had.

our last cruise my wife went to david's steak house several times one night to get wine at the bar and take out with her. the bartender seemed very happy to serve her and told her he was usually bored. so i guess it might depend on the individual steak house on the ships. out of curiosity who did you ask the hostess or did you go to the bar and the bartender told you that? i'm not sure if my wife talked to the hostess or just walked to the bar and ordered.

our last cruise my wife went to david's steak house several times one night to get wine at the bar and take out with her. the bartender seemed very happy to serve her and told her he was usually bored. so i guess it might depend on the individual steak house on the ships. out of curiosity who did you ask the hostess or did you go to the bar and the bartender told you that? i'm not sure if my wife talked to the hostess or just walked to the bar and ordered.

The bartender told us that :) Like you said, it may vary ship to ship

Edited by ryano

The bartender told us that :) Like you said, it may vary ship to ship

I doubt the bartender wouldn't serve you if you walked up and asked for a drink. It's a cool bar area.

Why have a bar with stools? Waiting for a table? They usually have that planned out. After dinner drinks? Just doesn't seem like its designed for dinner guests only. But I must admit, I have never had a drink there. Only had a drink delivered to my table.

I've always gone to the steakhouse bar for a drink before dinner in the MDR. They always had a great selection of Scotch. Some 18 year old single malts. Except for the last time, 2 years ago on the Dream. They just had what every other bar had. I hope they have brought the higher end stuff back. I always just told the hostess that I just wanted to get a drink at the bar. Never a problem.

Exactly. Chops, however ;). Funny A1 being mentioned though. I was pleasantly surprised to look around Prime and not see a single bottle of A1 on the table. Yeah, I looked :o. While some people would put ketchup on a 100 dollar steak, the number of bottles of A1 on the tables is generally a good indication to me how good the steak is lol

Prime was outstanding. Best meal and service at sea ever

Zero bottles of A-1 sauce is a good indication of a better steakhouse. Might get it in Ruth Chris, but not in a true NY, Dallas or Chicago Steakhouse.

I doubt the bartender wouldn't serve you if you walked up and asked for a drink. It's a cool bar area.

Why have a bar with stools? Waiting for a table? They usually have that planned out. After dinner drinks? Just doesn't seem like its designed for dinner guests only. But I must admit, I have never had a drink there. Only had a drink delivered to my table.

We have had drinks there (before sitting down as well as just having a drink...love the atmosphere). We have also seen people eating at the bar.

Sounds like it varies ship to ship. I swear on my life we were told that the steakhouse bar was for steakhouse guests only. With that said, I did go at a prime time and the bartenders and hostess were pretty busy.

Sounds like it varies ship to ship. I swear on my life we were told that the steakhouse bar was for steakhouse guests only. With that said, I did go at a prime time and the bartenders and hostess were pretty busy.

LOL, we never asked, just sat down.

I've always gone to the steakhouse bar for a drink before dinner in the MDR. They always had a great selection of Scotch. Some 18 year old single malts. Except for the last time, 2 years ago on the Dream. They just had what every other bar had. I hope they have brought the higher end stuff back. I always just told the hostess that I just wanted to get a drink at the bar. Never a problem.

This is exactly what i'm trying to do. I've heard of the steakhouse bar having a bourbon or scotch that others may not

This is exactly what i'm trying to do. I've heard of the steakhouse bar having a bourbon or scotch that others may not

I'm going on the Legend in 12 days. I'll definitely check it out and post back here on this thread when I return.

... We have also seen people eating at the bar.

This seems strange to me, do you mean they ordered their regular full price meal at the bar? What other food would be offered at the Steakhouse bar? I haven't seen a separate appetizer menu (not that you need MORE food if you are already eating there!) :confused:

This seems strange to me, do you mean they ordered their regular full price meal at the bar? What other food would be offered at the Steakhouse bar? I haven't seen a separate appetizer menu (not that you need MORE food if you are already eating there!) :confused:

Yes - it is the regular full Steakhouse meal, just at the bar. They offer that option - first come first served - when reservations fill up.

Saw it all the time on the Breeze - rarely a seat open at the bar!

It is the steakhouse menu food. Seen it when they did not have tables open.