Gold vs Platinum

critterlover

Hello everyone! Our upcoming cruise will earn us Platinum status but until then I guess we are just Gold. So when does that mean we can get to our rooms after check in? We have carryon luggage and I was wondering how long I will be having to lug it around before I can put it in our cabin? Thanks in advance for your help! :)

• 9 months later...
Another question:

I have a 14 day Journey cruise 11/2018

If I get to the magic 75 number on the last day of the cruise, would I still get to be Platinum for the entire cruise??

Karen

Yes Karen... if your milestone falls at any point during that cruise you have that level at the start of your cruise.

Another question:

If I get to the magic 75 number on the last day of the cruise, would I still get to be Platinum for the entire cruise??

Karen

You will be Platinum from day 1. Just as long as you are not counting the day you get off that 14 day cruise as your 75th day.

Another question:

Karen

Yes, even if day 75 is debarkation day.

You will be Platinum from day 1. Just as long as you are not counting the day you get off that 14 day cruise as your 75th day.

See answer above.

We are currently at 69 days and are on a booked on a six day cruise in November. Called Carnival to see what our status will be on the cruise. Yes Platinum YEA. Printed our luggage Tags and we are Priority

Yes, even if day 75 is debarkation day.

See answer above.

A 14 day cruise is not a 15 day credit. The only way you can count debarkation day is if you don't count embarkation day. One or the other but not both. The easiest way is to just count the nights you are on the cruise. That will give you the correct days you will be credited with.

If yogibear is currently at 61 days then they will have 75 days at the end of the 14 day cruise and would therefore be Platinum from the beginning of the cruise.

A 14 day cruise is not a 15 day credit. The only way you can count debarkation day is if you don't count embarkation day. One or the other but not both. The easiest way is to just count the nights you are on the cruise. That will give you the correct days you will be credited with.

If yogibear is currently at 61 days then they will have 75 days at the end of the 14 day cruise and would therefore be Platinum from the beginning of the cruise.

Yes, if day 75 is the last day of the cruise, then yogibear will be Platinum on day one of the 14 day cruise.

Embarkation day (day 1) is #62. Day 2 is #63, day 3 is #64, day 4 is #65, day 5=66, 6=67, 7=68, 8=69, 9=70, 10=71, 11=72, 12=73, 13=74, and 14 (debarakion) =75.

Yes, if day 75 is the last day of the cruise, then yogibear will be Platinum on day one of the 14 day cruise.

Embarkation day (day 1) is #62. Day 2 is #63, day 3 is #64, day 4 is #65, day 5=66, 6=67, 7=68, 8=69, 9=70, 10=71, 11=72, 12=73, 13=74, and 14 (debarakion) =75.

The problem with your example is day 14 is not debarkation. Day 14 is your last full day of the cruise including the night. You debark the next day. And you don't count that day as it would be day 15.

Instead of counting "days" you count "nights". So if it's a 14 night cruise that's 14 VIFP points.

I agree and that is what I said in my last post. The easiest way is to count the nights. I just brought this up because I have seen people thinking that the day the debark would make them transition to the next level. But you can't count that day if you counted the day you embarked. That's why counting nights is best.

I wait until the last minute to get on the ship. No lines and you can go straight to your cabin. You miss lunch in the insanity of The Lido deck, but last cruise out of New Orleans, lunch in The French Quarter was much better. I am gold, almost platinum. Have also done FTTF. Getting on last has its advantages. Getting on first seemed to be mere stressful.