Is 11:15 flight too early??

Wawa18

Our options for flight back home after disembarkation is 11:15 or 1:15. We are to dock at 8:00. We would rather do the earlier but worried if we dock late we won't make our flight. We would do the self-disembarkation and take a cab. We booked the 1:15 but there is a $200+ price difference and would like to take the earlier......would you do the 11:15???? Appreciate any input.

Sherry:)

Edited by Wawa18
Add info

Just got off the phone with a Norwegian representative who said the time they usually advise is flights 12:00 and later for a port arrival time of 8:00.

However, she said if we do the express checkout and carry our own bags off right at the disembarkation time that the 11:15 would be fine since the cab ride to the airport is approximately 30 minutes. We are doing the early bird check-in with Southwest but will have bags to check in. So I think 3.15 hours should be enough to get there, check our bags and get through TSA.

If we have a late arrival to port things could change but then the 1:15 may not be good enough either.

It's all a crap shoot.

:D:D

I assume your coming from Miami and flying out of FLL. We were scheduled in port at 8:00am on the Escape. We were in port by 6:00am. We walked off the ship at 7:10am and we had a shuttle get us to FLL by 8:20am. Our flight was 10:45am. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I assume your coming from Miami and flying out of FLL. We were scheduled in port at 8:00am on the Escape. We were in port by 6:00am. We walked off the ship at 7:10am and we had a shuttle get us to FLL by 8:20am. Our flight was 10:45am. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, the New Orleans port coming off Norwegian Dawn.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

This question comes up frequently and this is my standard answer:

The worry warts will all start the negativity and list every possible tragedy including global thermal nuclear war as reasons not to book before 11am. The reality is that you are taking a domestic flight out of a small easy to navigate airport. Traffic on a Sunday morning should be light and cabs will be plentiful. As long as you don't dawdle off the ship you should be fine. What airline and airport are you flying to?

See this previous thread:

Is a 10:45am flight home possible?

This question comes up frequently and this is my standard answer:

The worry warts will all start the negativity and list every possible tragedy including global thermal nuclear war as reasons not to book before 11am. The reality is that you are taking a domestic flight out of a small easy to navigate airport. Traffic on a Sunday morning should be light and cabs will be plentiful. As long as you don't dawdle off the ship you should be fine. What airline and airport are you flying to?

See this previous thread:

Is a 10:45am flight home possible?

We are flying out of Louis Armstrong airport on Southwest. I don't mind a 1:15 flight it was the lay over time that put us home 4 hrs later.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
Our options for flight back home after disembarkation is 11:15 or 1:15. We are to dock at 8:00. We would rather do the earlier but worried if we dock late we won't make our flight. We would do the self-disembarkation and take a cab. We booked the 1:15 but there is a $200+ price difference and would like to take the earlier......would you do the 11:15???? Appreciate any input.

Sherry:)

Hello, curious about how the early flight worked out for you guys? We have the same situation upcoming with a Carnival cruise that is at dock at 8:00. I want to book the early Southwest flight to Raleigh at 10am out of MSY. Appreciate your insight and experience. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app