Picture packages

sk8rmomof3

Just curious.....we live near Cedar Point and we can purchase a season picture pass along with our season passes to get in. This means that everytime we go to Cedar Point and they take a picture of us, we can get access to it online and do with it what we want. I know the cruise ships take pictures that are for sale. Do they have a package that you can buy so you can get them all? Or is it just one price per individual picture?

It's per picture and it's expensive in my opinion. They have 3 different sizes 8x10 5x7 and 4x6 if I remember right (my wife is the picture purchaser). No there isn't a package to purchase them all either like there would be at an amusement park or like a Dolphin swim for example. It's per picture, and did I mention it get expensive cause you buy so many because they are so dang good. Also there isn't real incentive to buy more , like the more you buy you get a discount or a freebie. They do have a punchcard system that gets you some stuff like a travel mug or luggage tag.

Good question. We were on X 2 years ago and my brothers family got the photo package - every pic they were in they got. It was pretty funny cause on formal night they went to photo spots in their PJs. Sad that Carnival doesn't have similar for our Vista cruise.

Shout out to CP. My hubby and I lived off of Cedar Point Rd for 3 yrs. Still go every summer we visit my family in Cleveland- my kids rank a weekend at CP right up there with cruising😃

Good question. We were on X 2 years ago and my brothers family got the photo package - every pic they were in they got. It was pretty funny cause on formal night they went to photo spots in their PJs. Sad that Carnival doesn't have similar for our Vista cruise.

Shout out to CP. My hubby and I lived off of Cedar Point Rd for 3 yrs. Still go every summer we visit my family in Cleveland- my kids rank a weekend at CP right up there with cruising😃

Wow, I've been cruising on Carnival for just over 2 years. Wish they still had that option to purchase everything.

Carnival does have a package that I purchased. It included 8-10 pictures choices, we received 8x10's and 2 large family portraits. The selling point for me was the drive that included access to the pictures to share any way that you wanted. We made Christmas cards.

It was expensive...

Check with you ship about any deals or packages, but none include all of the pictures

We also purchased the pixels preferred package two years ago. We got every picture they took of us, a 20x30 canvas picture, a tote bag, travel mug, lanyard, luggage tag, and usb shaped like the ship with all our pictures on it for $350 or $400. I wish they still offered something like that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Just off the Sunshine and there was no package like that offered other than the Dreams Studio photo shoot which is way expensive and does not include the Pixels normal daily pictures. And by the way, the normal pictures are not that expensive if you research how much a photo shoot is at home.

• 3 months later...

I was so hoping Carnival offered a usb photo package of all photos taken. We just got off RCCL and purchase a usb with every photo taken for $200 (212 photos), then for an additional $14, we got 5 8x10 prints. I LOVE my photos and we were able to get so many great ones, there was no way, I could of chose just a few to print and walk away with. I hope before our Carnival cruise next summer, they'll get on board with photo packages, like other lines.

Disney does that too (and I also LOVE Cedar Point, been going my entire life!), and I've always thought it would be a great idea for Carnival to do. They'd make a killing, I'd be more likely to purchase a photo package electronically than prints. I would think Carnival would save money from not printing all of the photos too?

• 4 months later...

Original Prints

Prices may vary depending on the category of the shot.

• Fun Shots (5x7): $11.99 to $14.99 USD each
  • Cruise Collectibles (6x9): $14.99 to $17.99 USDeach (embarkation photos, dining room photos and gangway photos)
  • Pro Portraits (8x10): $21.99 USD each

Reprint Value Sheet: $9.99 USD per image (sheet)

Photos must be purchased in their original size before reproductions can be ordered. Offer not available for groups of 6 or more.

• 2 - 5x7 prints
  • 1 - 6x9 print
  • 1 - 8x10 print
  • 1 - 5x7 + 4 wallet size prints
  • 1 CD

Canvas Wall Art

• 16" x 20" - $59.95 USD each
  • 20" x 30" - $79.95 USD each

Photo Packages and Prices for Ships with Digital Gallery (Purchases Made on Digital HUB App)

• Digital Downloads on your personal mobile device - $15.00 USD each
  • Digital Downloads on a Memory Drive - $19.99 USDeach
  • 1 - 8x10 professional print - $19.99 USD each
  • 2 - 5x7 same image professional print - $19.99 USD
  • 1 - 5x7 + 4 Wallets size same image professional print - $19.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 1 - 8x10 professional print same image - $21.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 2 - 5x7 professional print same image - $21.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 1 - 5x7 + 4 Wallets size print same image - $21.99 USD

Current prices from Carnivals site 11/6/18

Carnival tested out packages on various ships in the past. I know we were offered something on Valor a few years back. If I remember correctly, it was very expensive. I'm guessing the test didn't work so well for them if they're not offering anymore.

We quit doing the portraits on cruises when packages are not offered, so we wait until our next NCL cruise (or other line) and buy the package when offered, plus we get a platinum discount. But to be honest, we have hundreds of photos from past cruises, and after a while they all start to look the same. (though still nicely done).

We will usually buy the embarkation photo for our scrapbook or one photo we like (maybe two). and that's it....but apparently Carnival has done the math and it is more profitable to charge for their photos one at a time. If it is your first cruise, or a big family cruise, or if you have kids, the line is pretty sure you will want to buy lots of photos.

Just curious.....we live near Cedar Point and we can purchase a season picture pass along with our season passes to get in. This means that everytime we go to Cedar Point and they take a picture of us, we can get access to it online and do with it what we want. I know the cruise ships take pictures that are for sale. Do they have a package that you can buy so you can get them all? Or is it just one price per individual picture?
Love Cedar Point! Best amusement park in the world! Been there over 100 times (so far) since I was a kid.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app