Sleeping on a Cot on the Boudicca and Bath vs Shower Only

suzanne73

Hi Everyone,

I'm a third person in a room in a Balcony Suite Cabin. They said I have to sleep on a cot. I have to sign some paperwork saying I'm ok with that. Has anyone slept on a cot? Just wondering how comfortable that is. Also how are the rooms on that boat that only have a shower and not a shower/tub? I have never sailed on Fred Olson before. Usually Norwegian or MSC. Just wondering the difference.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a third person in a room in a Balcony Suite Cabin. They said I have to sleep on a cot. I have to sign some paperwork saying I'm ok with that. Has anyone slept on a cot? Just wondering how comfortable that is. Also how are the rooms on that boat that only have a shower and not a shower/tub? I have never sailed on Fred Olson before. Usually Norwegian or MSC. Just wondering the difference.

Thank you!

That seems a very strange term for an adult bed - do they mean an upper bunk I wonder and they want to be indemnified in case you fall out and get injured.

No matter what response you get here I would contact to Fred and ask for clarification. As they are asking for you to sign something, I would make that enquiry by email, or ask for the clarification to be sent by email or letter, so you have that in writing. An email enquiry will take a few days to be answered though, so may be better ringing in the first instance - that will also tell you who you should be making contact with.

Good luck,

Barbara

According to their website, these are intended for use by children only, so I assume they must be small. So it may be OK if you are a little person, but not if you are big! I expect the indemnity is so that you do not complain that your feet were sticking out the end!