Wind Vista Suite 738

Tothesunset

We've just booked a Wind voyage in Vista suite 738. However, we see that it is adjacent to an elevator and under the pool deck.

Does anyone have experience of this suite and can tell me about its pros and cons?

Thanks.

We've just booked a Wind voyage in Vista suite 738. However, we see that it is adjacent to an elevator and under the pool deck.

Does anyone have experience of this suite and can tell me about its pros and cons?

Thanks.

This is a great suite -- the largest Vista suite on Wind. I have sailed in this suite a couple of times. I had no issues with noise from the elevators or from the pool deck above. The configuration is a bit different from the Vista suites down below. As I recall, this was library space (or used for some other public function) before a major refit of Wind some years ago. What was public space then is a suite now.

This suite usually goes very quickly because of its larger size (at the standard Vista price). I think you should consider yourself lucky.

This is a great suite -- the largest Vista suite on Wind. I have sailed in this suite a couple of times. I had no issues with noise from the elevators or from the pool deck above. The configuration is a bit different from the Vista suites down below. As I recall, this was library space (or used for some other public function) before a major refit of Wind some years ago. What was public space then is a suite now.

This suite usually goes very quickly because of its larger size (at the standard Vista price). I think you should consider yourself lucky.

Thanks. That's very reassuring.

We will be on the Wind in a standard Vista this coming November. I shall try to track down 738's occupants and see if they will let me have a quick peek into the suite.

We will be on the Wind in a standard Vista this coming November. I shall try to track down 738's occupants and see if they will let me have a quick peek into the suite.

Another suggestion, rather than disturbing the occupants.

On embarkation day for your cruise, if you arrive early, you could take a quick look inside 738 before announcement is made that suites are ready for occupancy. It should be empty with the door open (unless someone is doing a b2b in that suite), and it can easily be reached from the elevator without disturbing the work of the housekeepers/butlers.

I have stayed in that suite...it is larger than the standard...but you do have some noise from the pool area above moving chairs and such. But there is a door right outside the room for access to the pool equipment and you can hear them coming an going.

Enjoy your cruise....the wind is a great ship.

I do not recall hearing noise from the pool deck or the pool mechanical room. But if 738 suffers from such noise, so must nearby Owners Suites (the priciest cabins) and many midship Verandah suites on deck seven. I agree that there is a risk, but I think it is a modest one.

Hi TTS, we were in 741 on a recent Wind cruise and it can suffer a little in the early morning when the deck guys are setting up the sun loungers directly above. It is a great place to be on the Wind though, have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I have cruised on the last two November TA's on Silver Wind. I see that you will be on the cruise with me this coming November. Further, that you will be on the Whisper TA in October 2018, as will I. I love TA's and being at sea. Both my father and my late husband were Navy men (USN and RCN).

I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope to have the opportunity to meet while onboard in November.

Best,

Penny

I have cruised on the last two November TA's on Silver Wind. I see that you will be on the cruise with me this coming November. Further, that you will be on the Whisper TA in October 2018, as will I. I love TA's and being at sea. Both my father and my late husband were Navy men (USN and RCN).

I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope to have the opportunity to meet while onboard in November.

Best,

Penny

We love the sea days and therefore favour the TA crossings. Did QM2 in Dec NY-Soton - it was OK but didn't suit us the way SS does. Of our 4 cruises booked 3 are TAs! I claim no Navy background but pottered about in the RAF for some years. Got the feel for the sea when sailing to the South Atlantic on the SS Uganda although the reasons for travel were not entirely recreational!

We have sailed the Spirit, Whisper and Shadow but this coming Nov will have us on our first cruise on the Wind. We love each of the 3 ships we have sailed with SS and I've no reason to think we won't feel the same way about the Wind. I think we are better suited to smaller ships than the big boys such as the QM2.

Only 4 months to go...

The only reason I get a veranda suite is because the doors open to let in some fresh air. I understand why the windows in the Vista suites on deck 4 don't open, but I was hoping the one on deck 7 would.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...