Hurtigruten, prices for bustransfer and coffee/water

travellover1965

I booked a Hurtigrutencruise (classic roundtrip) at a travelcompany here in Holland. They had a promotion for some selected date and as included in price they also mentioned transfers from airport to the terminal and back and that also coffee/tea and water was included.

Now they write us that they make a mistake and that all of this is not included in price and they pay us back Euro 113 (83,- for transfers and 30 for the drinks). Is this a fair price? I have the idea that I'm going to spent much more on board on coffee and water than that 30 euro. And what about the transfers, do we have to take a taxi now or is there a bus service from the airport to the terminal and how much does that cost?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Annette

Assuming Bergen - The transfer from Bergen Airport to Hurtigruten is in the order of NOK 100 (Eur 10,60) for the airport bus per person or NOK 250 (EUR 26) for taxi .

It's my understanding that coffee is for free while bottled waters is included for meals.

There used to be a coffee/tea package. There had been a so-called “Coffee Deal” that in 2015 ran about 215 NOK (USD $26) for 12-day trips. The deal gave you an itsy-bitsy souvenir insulated mug with spill-proof lid that you could fill up as much as you wanted all day long at a coffee station, but not in the dining room. I bought this on my trip in 2015, but don't think I really got my money's worth. The coffee station was not available 24/7, and the mug was so tiny you got very little at any one trip to the station.

As of January 2016, there is a “coffee bonus card,” so you can purchase coffee for 27 NOK per cup (USD $3.25), get a punch, and the 6th cup is free, meaning you really pay only 22.50 NOK for each cup ($2.75) when you buy six.

They also now provide filtered tap water at meals (a change from previously). You can still buy bottled water if you want, both in packages and by the bottle (A water package as of 2016 costs approximately USD $91 for a 12-day Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen voyage and gets you 22 bottles of 0.5 liters each, i.e. a bottle each at lunch and dinner.) The tap water on the ship was fine with me, and I filled my own water bottle in my cabin for the entire cruise.

As of 2016, wine package prices for the 12-day cruise are NOK 4216 (about USD $510), which gets you one bottle and two small bottles of water at dinner, saving you about 10 percent. In 2015, individual glasses went for approximately 75-110 NOK each (in today’s dollars, USD $9-13.50). Another note, however, is that you do not get to pick the wine; the sommelier does.

Beer is also available by a package that includes 2 glasses of 0.4 liters each per day, both served at dinner. This goes for 1207 NOK for the 12-day trip (about USD $146)

Thank you digitl! So there is a special shuttle bus that goes from the Bergen airport to the terminal? I thought I read about that but could n't find it anymore. You don't have to make a reservation for this shuttle bus, so you can just hop on and buy your ticket at the bus or is there a special counter for that?