Bed rail for pullout sofa? RC HOTS

MMR007

Hello, we are sailing next month on Harmony, our first cruise on RC and first with the kids (3 and 5 yo).

I know they have PnPs and portable cribs, but I think my 3 yo is going to be a little big to be comfortable in one for a week. Each sleeps in a twin bed with comforters at home - same room - but they are fairly low to the ground. In fact 3yo DD has her mattress literally on the floor.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and whether RC offers a bed rail for younger kids? Or have other ideas?

Ideally I'd get two bed rails and put them on each side of the pullout bed and they could sleep together in that while we sleep in the main bed.

Oh and they have slept in regular beds before, like in hotel rooms, without trouble. But those are typically queens or doubles, which I sense are bigger than a cruise sofa pullout.

I bought the Shrunks inflatable bed railfor my two year old on our last cruise. Didn't take up a lot of space and she never once fell out of the bed. My 6 year old has never had an issue so I only bought one. Just a suggest and doesn't take up much room. Royal doesn't provide any bed rails so you will have to bring your own.

Another option is to ask your room steward for extra towels and you can just roll them to make lumps on each side of the bed.

Here is the bedrails: http://www.theshrunks.com/shop/bed-time/security/Inflatable-Bed-Rail/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A pool noodle, under the bottom sheet will keep a child from rolling out...and if they do, they are pretty low to the floor! You could put the mattress ON the floor, tell them it's "adventure" sleeping, and not have to worry at all!

If this is a foldout couch, have them make it up sideways...with the 3 y/o sleeping across what would be the head of the bed, and the 5 y/o at the foot. And ask for separate duvets (the ones they use for twin beds). EM

Just did this with 3 year old on Harmony...our cabin steward just rolled up a few bath towels and edged the top portion and under the bottom sheet of the sofa bed...worked well.

We were on Harmony last month with our 3yo and our steward was able to locate a plastic handle/rail that he tucked under the bed that we were able to use as a rail. It didn't seem like it was something that was standard and was used for some other purpose, but worked for us. Trying to attach a picture.

a2e764a3d378e58bb4d0706ba0d9c407.jpg