Attire for Broadway show

Went to 5 shows in last 10 days, very few people dress up saw some in shorts and baseball hats , like everything else very casual , but I normally dress like MDR dockers and shirt with collar, saw some great shows are stars .

Agree with business casual posters, with one tip for ladies who get chilled by air conditioning. Depending on venue and location of seats, a shawl or light cover might come in handy for shoulders or legs (might sound weird, but my at Wicked, my mom actually covered up her legs from a draft lol). Cheers! RR

a little off topic but having just seen my first show on Broadway in five or six years, I was surprised by the amount of time it took to get through security. Don't expect to arrive 5 minutes before curtain and get to your seat....we got to Hello Dolly! 25 minutes before the show was scheduled to start and got to our seats right at the start time....luckily for those behind us in line, they held the show for a few minutes....

a little off topic but having just seen my first show on Broadway in five or six years, I was surprised by the amount of time it took to get through security. Don't expect to arrive 5 minutes before curtain and get to your seat....we got to Hello Dolly! 25 minutes before the show was scheduled to start and got to our seats right at the start time....luckily for those behind us in line, they held the show for a few minutes....

Okay, sorry to be off topic even more, but since you mentioned it, how was Bette? :D

They'll hold the show for all those who arrive on time. There are strict union work rules so they only open the doors at a certain time regardless how strict security is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Normally 15 mins early is ok, all depends on show, I normally like to have a little more time and get a drink ( you can bring any drinks to your seat but drinks must be bought in theather. Regional touring groups are great but you do not get the stars like Glen Close, Kevin Kline , Bette Milder etc etc

Okay, sorry to be off topic even more, but since you mentioned it, how was Bette? :D

absolutely amazing! her Tony last night was well deserved, though I wish we had've had the time and budget to see War Paint and Dear Evan Hansel too.