Trolley out of Outer Mole (Carnival Victory)

Anyislandwilldo

Looks like the Victory will dock at the Outer Mole on our upcoming cruise in November. I know there is a trolley that takes passengers to Duval Street. We would like to go to the Southernmost point first and then walk back to Duval Street. My question is....can we get off the trolley at some point before it stops at Duval Street? Also, will there be taxis at the port area by the Outer Mole? Thanks in advance!

The trolley from the Outer Mole (sometimes it is a Conch Train also), does not really stop at Duval but an area very near Duval. As far as I know the transport from Outer Mole to downtown does not make special stops for passengers. It is not a Hop On/Hop Off service, but more of a "tender" and is free. The two HO/HO trolley companies do charge a fee.

There aren't taxis sitting at the Outer Mole area waiting for passengers as in many other ports because that area is owned by the US Navy. You cannot walk to or from the ship through that restricted area. You have to be on the special trolley or Conch Train.

There are taxis sitting around Front Street and near Margaritaville Hotel that will gladly take you where ever. There are also pedicabs. I don't know where they go however except just Old Town streets.

By the way, I really like your name "Any Island Will Do."

I hope you like the very special island of Key West as much as I do.

I see you are arriving in November. Key West is planning to have free Duval "Loop" buses that will ply streets in and around Duval. They will have colorful signage on their sides that say "Loop", so you can't miss them if they actually are in service when you arrive.

The idea is to reduce automobile traffic on the streets and reduce parking needs. Unfortunately the buses have been delayed due to various issues and may not be in service before July or August, but hopefully they should be up and running when you come. Anyway, look for one when you arrive. They might be just exactly what you want if you are so lucky to see one. They will have designated stops marked by special poles so they won't stop just anywhere riders wish.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Gangway Style!! I kind of thought that you couldn't get off the "tender" but I just needed to ask anyway.:)

Last year we were there on New Year's Day (I guess then it was this year). The Eurodam also docked at *****, as I believe we will again on 1/1/18.

There is a security tent at the entrance to the naval area. The "tender" must stop here upon return and all passengers must show ID.

Some people got off here and walked to Fort Taylor & beach. And some walked to the tent and got on the "tender" at the security tent.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to come back and report what we did. This is probably not for everyone. I googled the area and found the stop sign at Thomas Street. As soon as the trolley stopped, my sister and I hopped off. Then we walked down to Whitehead Street and down to the Southernmost point. My sister is 61 and I am 60. But we are pretty agile. Finished walking to other points of interest until we hooked up with City View Trolley. Rode the trolley around Key West and by the time we got back to the first stop, it was time to get on the conch train and back to the ship. We sure did cover a lot of ground during our visit. I'm glad we hopped off when we did. Key West is great!