Post Dry Dock Experience (2017) on the Pacific Princess

Mapu

Thanks. I have seen that info but Princess has not mentioned anything about the tv system which was antiquated compared to the Regal and Royal. There really aren't many updated pictures online. It would be nice to hear from someone on the ship now that the dry dock has been completed.

The link in post #4 says May 20th to June 8th=11days. ???

Thanks. Don't think that is enough time to complete much. IMO

I hope that it all got done.

I looked it up and it said May 29-June 8. I was warned by a Captain not to take the cruise right before or after a dry dock because work will be going on. I wish someone who boarded June 9 would do a "live from"!

The link in post #4 says May 20th to June 8th=11days. ???

Thanks. Don't think that is enough time to complete much. IMO

I hope that it all got done.

They bring in enough people to get it done. We were on the 2017 World cruise and they had already started on the carpeting. The carpet in the public areas was done before we left the ship on May 12th.

Not sure how many days but here is another description of what was done:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7885

It would really be nice to see pictures!

I'm sure they haven't mentioned everything just the things that will be obvious to passengers. They probably updated some wiring and equipment to support the new Medallion system and I'm hoping they updated the air conditioning system. We had a lot of issues with it. Too cold in some areas and way to warm in others.

I would love to see some pictures also.

I'm sure they haven't mentioned everything just the things that will be obvious to passengers. They probably updated some wiring and equipment to support the new Medallion system and I'm hoping they updated the air conditioning system. We had a lot of issues with it. Too cold in some areas and way to warm in others.

I would love to see some pictures also.

We are thinking about a December 22 cruise but I won't until I have confirmation of what was done.

Copied from another thread.

Regarding Club Class Dining:

They have implemented it - very small section of the dining room. I think only about 24 cabins. CD said they can come anytime during dining hours and they are making special dishes for that section only. They order off the main dining room menu, but have specialty dishes too. I believe a tableside pasta dish nightly and some other goodies too. You use the same entrance to the dining room as there is only one!

Today they put new window coverings in buffet seating area and they installed some new seating on the back of the ship. Very comfy - see my pic3cd80a55333ef401cb59a40aa574c740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks great! Wonderful improvement. Has the buffer area changed?

Love that aft dining area outside the buffet. It's especially nice to sit out there while in a port, enjoying the views.

The new furniture looks comfy. Can't wait to give it a try in a few months.

Thanks for the photo!