Denali Park Villiage Restaurants

JP-Cruise

the main restaurant is fairly casual and it is in the lobby of the lodge. So it sort of open to the area where people are just waiting in the lodge or at the check in desk, etc. It really is not a standalone restaurant in terms of floor plan. We ate there twice and I thought it was quite good. One night we had the pasta buffet which was quite small but very good. Prices were reasonable. Windows that over look the river if I recall correctly.

Walking across the highway on the campground site there was a "lunch truck" Thai place. Our tourguide and bus driver went there to eat they said the food was really good. A couple picknic tables next to the truck so it is very rustic, etc.

There is not much else within walking distance of the lodge.

the main restaurant is fairly casual and it is in the lobby of the lodge. So it sort of open to the area where people are just waiting in the lodge or at the check in desk, etc. It really is not a standalone restaurant in terms of floor plan. We ate there twice and I thought it was quite good. One night we had the pasta buffet which was quite small but very good. Prices were reasonable. Windows that over look the river if I recall correctly.

Walking across the highway on the campground site there was a "lunch truck" Thai place. Our tourguide and bus driver went there to eat they said the food was really good. A couple picknic tables next to the truck so it is very rustic, etc.

There is not much else within walking distance of the lodge.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks, how was the room? Did you sleep well?

We slept fine, the room was clean and comfortable. This place is not luxurious, however. It has the feel of a campgrounds rather than a resort. However, no complaints. We enjoyed crossing the highway, there is a trailhead and we hiked a couple hours in the woods. We saw lots of moose dropping in an around the lodge and trail, so they are around the lodge for sure. Didn't see moose however, until the next day when we were in the park.

We were on a RCL cruise tour. The Princess lodges closer to the park entrance were nicer. However, our tourguide said RCL has made more of an investment in the motor coaches rather than lodging. I would agree, our motor coach was brand new and very nice, some of the Princess coaches looked a little worn. This is not un-important, you spend a lot of time on the coach.

On our RCL cruise tour there was a big difference in the various lodging. The Alyeska place was a beautiful full service resort - very nice. Denali Park Village more rustic, and the Talkeetna lodge somewhere between the two. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the Park Village again, however. It was fine. You will have fun.

We slept fine, the room was clean and comfortable. This place is not luxurious, however. It has the feel of a campgrounds rather than a resort. However, no complaints. We enjoyed crossing the highway, there is a trailhead and we hiked a couple hours in the woods. We saw lots of moose dropping in an around the lodge and trail, so they are around the lodge for sure. Didn't see moose however, until the next day when we were in the park.

We were on a RCL cruise tour. The Princess lodges closer to the park entrance were nicer. However, our tourguide said RCL has made more of an investment in the motor coaches rather than lodging. I would agree, our motor coach was brand new and very nice, some of the Princess coaches looked a little worn. This is not un-important, you spend a lot of time on the coach.

On our RCL cruise tour there was a big difference in the various lodging. The Alyeska place was a beautiful full service resort - very nice. Denali Park Village more rustic, and the Talkeetna lodge somewhere between the two. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the Park Village again, however. It was fine. You will have fun.

I am definitely looking forward to it! Ya I am well aware that the village is not the luxurious type and more of a rustic/campground type feel which is great for me because you would think that that's what people want to experience when they come to Denali right? The silence and the tranquility of nature, away from the cities. The fact that there are moose around the lodge that's just an added bonus :).

I am doing the 12 Denali/Alyeska cruise tour with NCL. I leave July 6. I'm going to be at the Alyeska Resort after Denali. Really looking forward to it. anchorage is my first stop, staying at the Sheraton

Insist on a river facing room. The parking lot rooms can be noisy with people and buses coming all hours of the night. I've heard conflicting stories about them finally installing AC in all rooms, it used to be in the newest building only. If you are in one of the non-AC rooms you may need to open the window and use the fan, which sucks if your window overlooks a noisy parking lot.

The dining room is good. I doubt it will be a highlight of your trip, but it's a good meal. Like everywhere in AK it is a tad expensive for what you get, and slightly more so I think since the hotel kind of has you hostage out there and there aren't many options available unless you venture out. Take the shuttle into glitter gulch and eat at the Salmon Bake if you have time, it's an easy ride and totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We passed through Denali Princess couple of weeks ago. One dinner was spent at 20,320 restaurant on lodge grounds, separate bldg. from Lobby. Food and service was wonderful! We did have lunch at the bar/grill upon arrival one afternoon, service was very slow but food was good. Beautiful setting! Denali was out in full glory!

We passed through Denali Princess couple of weeks ago. One dinner was spent at 20,320 restaurant on lodge grounds, separate bldg. from Lobby. Food and service was wonderful! We did have lunch at the bar/grill upon arrival one afternoon, service was very slow but food was good. Beautiful setting! Denali was out in full glory!

Thanks guys for the info. Hopefully Denali will be out in its full glory on the day I go. Hopefully I don't get a room near the parking lot. If I do then I will definitely insist I move lol

Do you know how far the 20320 restaurant is from Denali Park Villiage ?

I am definitely looking forward to it! Ya I am well aware that the village is not the luxurious type and more of a rustic/campground type feel which is great for me because you would think that that's what people want to experience when they come to Denali right? The silence and the tranquility of nature, away from the cities. The fact that there are moose around the lodge that's just an added bonus :).

I am doing the 12 Denali/Alyeska cruise tour with NCL. I leave July 6. I'm going to be at the Alyeska Resort after Denali. Really looking forward to it. anchorage is my first stop, staying at the Sheraton

You will be a couple of weeks ahead of us so hope you will give us reports as your time allows.

Do you know how far the 20320 restaurant is from Denali Park Villiage ?

if you google each hotel, the address of DP Village is 231 Parks Hwy, and the Princess is 238.5, so about 7 miles apart.

Given that your hotel is a distance from the Park, perhaps it has a shuttle to Glitter Gulch, the strip mall across the street from Princess.

if you google each hotel, the address of DP Village is 231 Parks Hwy, and the Princess is 238.5, so about 7 miles apart.

Given that your hotel is a distance from the Park, perhaps it has a shuttle to Glitter Gulch, the strip mall across the street from Princess.

Ok thank mapleleaves

Umm... I think there's been some confusion. The 20320 restaurant is is the McKinley Princess Lodge, which is several hours south of the Denali Park Village. The Denali Princess Lodge, which is the facility 7 miles north of Denali Park Village, has several restaurants, but none with a view of the mountain.

Umm... I think there's been some confusion. The 20320 restaurant is is the McKinley Princess Lodge, which is several hours south of the Denali Park Village. The Denali Princess Lodge, which is the facility 7 miles north of Denali Park Village, has several restaurants, but none with a view of the mountain.

Good catch!

I assumed the poster who mentioned 20320 was talking about the Denali Princess since this post is about Denali Park Village.

Good catch!

I assumed the poster who mentioned 20320 was talking about the Denali Princess since this post is about Denali Park Village.

Well since the 20320 lodge is Hours away then that's an obvious no go for me. I'll be fine just eating in the Denali park village grounds. Probably will be too lazy to travel anywhere else anyway lol