Anyone else having trouble with the interactive deck plans on HAL site?

Tinknock50

HAL removed the interactive deck plans from the site about three weeks ago. They replaced them with the new .pdf format. Based on other threads I have read, no one seems to know if this is the new reality or just a temporary solution while the interactive deck plans are updated.

Sean (Tinknock50) did you enjoy your Alaska cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loved it! Loved it so much, I booked "your" ship for next June from the Cruise Consultant on the ship !

One of our Roll Call is going to do a review. I may do one myself after his is posted.

One of our Roll Call is going to do a review.

50% done. Aiming to "publish" this weekend. Hopefully with pictures (that work this time) and somewhat shorter than a Diana Gabaldon novel. ;)

Really missing the interactive plans too and have commented to HAL about this as a technical issue for their website.

HAL removed the interactive deck plans from the site about three weeks ago. They replaced them with the new .pdf format. Based on other threads I have read, no one seems to know if this is the new reality or just a temporary solution while the interactive deck plans are updated.

I hope your "temporary solution" idea is correct. I don't care for the PDF plans either.

Loved it! Loved it so much, I booked "your" ship for next June from the Cruise Consultant on the ship !

One of our Roll Call is going to do a review. I may do one myself after his is posted.

That's awesome! So happy to hear you loved it! I think we may book one from Vancouver for next June and hopefully do a land tour after.

So did you find a dessert that you loved? ;)

That's awesome! So happy to hear you loved it! I think we may book one from Vancouver for next June and hopefully do a land tour after.

So did you find a dessert that you loved? ;)

Yes I did succumb to some desserts. :) ....but I was pretty good about it. I think the one I liked the best was some sort of hot chocolate mousse cake .

I actually lost a little weight.:)

To my knowledge, Holland America Lines website never had Interactive deck plans; You had the option to view each deck plan or the Full deck plan, this is not interactive; the New PDF version works just fine and can be save for future reference.

There is an excellent website out there that allows you to view all of the decks on one page and gives you the ability to Drag the decks over each other, this can assist with cabin choosing. Just Google: cruise deck plans. :)

I don't use Hal's deck plans. Since the changes all I get is that pdf nonsense and when I click on it I get nothing. So I go to HAL and open what I want, then go to my favorite TA's website and open the ship there. The other thing I don't like about hal's site is when you try to pull up a cabin it doesn't list what category the cabin is. Then the agent at hal says "What category is the cabin?" I always think to myself. "How am I supposed to know if the deck plan doesn't tell me?" It just lists the cabin number.... My favorite ta's site tells me all the information about the cabins.

Another thing that is annoying HALs site only shows you cabins according to how many people are listed in the block when you sign in. Another site that I know shows all the cabins in a category regardless. When you click on the category the other site shows cabins for 2, 3, or 4 passengers. Hal only shows you the selections for 2 if you say 2 people, or the cabins that hold 3 if you select that one etc.

HAL needs to hire some it people from some of the TA's internet websites.

If you click here you can see what used to be. (Hover over staterooms and areas, for example.) PDF's are one-dimensional dinosaurs.

Worked great! Went right to the interactive Amsterdam. Unfortunately, when you choose a different ship it takes you to the PDFs.:mad:

So I guess what we need to know is how you got to the Amsterdam avoiding the PDFs to begin with?

Oh wait....it did go to the Eurodam. I will have to explore this more to see if it is working fully.

Edited by Tinknock50

To my knowledge, Holland America Lines website never had Interactive deck plans; You had the option to view each deck plan or the Full deck plan, this is not interactive; the New PDF version works just fine and can be save for future reference.

There is an excellent website out there that allows you to view all of the decks on one page and gives you the ability to Drag the decks over each other, this can assist with cabin choosing. Just Google: cruise deck plans. :)

They did until a few weeks ago, apparently. It allowed you to watch 360 degree views of the cabin and public rooms. I have personally done that many times. You cannot do that now. Pops to the PDF when you try it.

Yes I did succumb to some desserts. :) ....but I was pretty good about it. I think the one I liked the best was some sort of hot chocolate mousse cake .

I actually lost a little weight.:)

Wow that's a huge win when you lose weight on a cruise! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums