2 Drink questions

the_raisons

Hi experienced cruiser but first time on MSC this year as departing from Southampton. Firstly I read that water isn't available in the mdr, does that mean tap or bottled water please? Always given tap water with meals on other lines.

Secondly my husband and I are non drinkers, do they do an adult soda package? If not can you buy a kids one (Have our 16 year old son traveling with us.) Without getting adult packages, he is in our cabin.

Thank you!

It doesnt look like you can get an all inclusive package for soft drinks - they are listed as a "childs" package on the website. However, you can buy a book of vouchers with will give you a discount. For examply you can pay for the equivalent of 10 drinks and get 14 vouchers. These will be for sale before you board and on board. They are very easy to use and we have used them before.

Water in the MDR is available but is not free for Europeans. (Americans booking a Fantastica package get bottled water in the MDR for free)

If I were you, I'd call and ask a service rep if you can get the alcohol free package. I've found they have pretty good customer service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you're not a drinker, then the coffee cuddle package which is 15 speciality coffees for £20 and the soft drink package of 14 cans of soft drink or soda may be a good deal for you. I'm not sure what the kids packages are.

May be worth taking some cans or bottles of soft drinks back on with you from in port? Don't go crazy just maybe a bottle each and keep it in the mini bar

Where other lines have juices in the buffet, MSC don't, so it might be worth taking some cordial drops you can add to water from the buffet too

Same here, we arn'te drinkers either and usually just have tap water at dinner, juice at breakfast and then either hot or cold water from the machines throughout the day.

Are you saying there is no juice even at breakfast??? Is there free boiling water ? I always take my own instant coffee granules. Thought I read somewhere we can't take anything drink wise on board with us. Would be nice just to take a bottle or couple of cans for the odd bit of fizz. Then again I guess it won't break the bank to buy one or two.

Hi Tara, sorry for ay confusion

There is juice at breakfast from machines in the buffet or waiters have it on trays in the restaurant. It's not fresh juice but it's fruity and wet. The cover these juice machines over after breakfast - when I've sailed other lines they have been on all day.

There are hot drink stations in the buffet and that's open all day. Very wise to take your own instant coffee as the coffee from the buffet isn't very nice - the lavazza used for nice cappuccinos in the bars etc however is really nice, as is the hot chocolate from Venchi.

The official line is that you can't take drinks on with you, however we have never had a problem and have taken champagne, wine and diet coke (other half isn't keen on Pepsi)

Tim

Called up to pay balance today and asked my questions too. Was told there are jugs of tap water available in the MDR. There is also a soft drinks package but at £98 per person I will prob just buy the vouchers to get a few cans of soda for my son. I am happy with tap water and tea. When we stop at ports my husband can get a couple of cans/bottles of cola to carry on.:)

no self-service laundries, but if you log in to your cruise personaliser there are usually great offers on laundry packages

Is there any difference price wise if I add laundry package before I board compared to prices on ship - do they have special offers?

We are Americans, and sailing next Spring. Fantastica balcony. Just a quick question. Why are Americans allowed FREE bottled water in the MDR, and not everyone? Not complaining. Just seems a bit odd. Is there something wrong with the tap water? Thanks~

Water in the MDR is available but is not free for Europeans. (Americans booking a Fantastica package get bottled water in the MDR for free)

If I were you, I'd call and ask a service rep if you can get the alcohol free package. I've found they have pretty good customer service.

Apparently, they are offering incentives to get Americans to cruise with them (my opinion).

Many Europeans do not seem to drink tap water. I don't know why. There is no tap water in the dining rooms. The water is safe to drink (both in the countries and on the ship). We drank the tap water in our cabin and used it to fill our water jugs every day. In Germany, we found no tap water in any restaurant we visited over the 4 days we spent there post cruise.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there water at the buffet drink stations for free? We are avid water drinkers.

Apparently, they are offering incentives to get Americans to cruise with them (my opinion).

Many Europeans do not seem to drink tap water. I don't know why. There is no tap water in the dining rooms. The water is safe to drink (both in the countries and on the ship). We drank the tap water in our cabin and used it to fill our water jugs every day. In Germany, we found no tap water in any restaurant we visited over the 4 days we spent there post cruise.

No, there are no water stations in the buffet. You can get bottled water from a waiter or get tap water from your cabin. I'd recommend taking a water bottle from home.