Regal Princess balcony cabins

workstocruise

We are looking at a Dec. 28 cruise on the Regal and this will be our first time on one of the newer ships. This will be our 5th cruise with Princess which is not our favorite line, but we like the itinerary and Princess usually has a decent product. I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between a balcony and a deluxe balcony. Can anyone offer advice? Thank you.

We are looking at a Dec. 28 cruise on the Regal and this will be our first time on one of the newer ships. This will be our 5th cruise with Princess which is not our favorite line, but we like the itinerary and Princess usually has a decent product. I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between a balcony and a deluxe balcony. Can anyone offer advice? Thank you.

I believe it's a small couch.

The balconies on the Royal/Regal are miniscule.

I believe it's a small couch.

The balconies on the Royal/Regal are miniscule.

The couch plus the location.

On a cruise ship location is everything.

A better buy is an obstructed balcony. We booked one last week on the Royal, the obst. balcony was $100 pp more than an inside in the same area of the ship.

Balcony and deluxe balcony are equal dimensions. Deluxe has a small love seat and less drawer space. Regular has a few more drawers.

Balconies are Juliette balconies.

Deluxe balcony obstructed cabins 101-110 at the bow of the ship are the best cabins. The obstruction is a non see through balcony and the balconies are much larger than the average balcony. We just booked 107 and it has a very deep balcony.

We definitely missed the love seat on our last cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the Regal's balconies are about 20% smaller than standard balconies on most other Princess ships: 9'x4' vs. 9'x5'. Losing a foot of depth resulted in being unable to easily face the railing & instead put the chairs diagonally or sideways.

Cruise Critic has photos of the Royal Princess including cabins & balconies so you can decide if the smaller balconies are acceptable for you like they were for me.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/royal-princess-400/deluxe-balcony-cabin-229668/

Most balconies for balcony, deluxe balcony and mini-suites are 9'x4'. There are some balconies on the ship that are larger. You can see these by searching the deck plans. Interiors of balcony cat. cabins are about the same as the same cat. on older ships with a large closet, wardrobe, plus a fridge, and some desk and nightstand drawers for storage. The bathroom is larger on the Regal then on the older grand class ships. A deluxe balcony cabin is just a little bit larger. It has a two seat sofa, The desk and fridge units are combined into a single unit. Most obstructed balconies have a solid steel railing instead of glass. If you search the deck plans and click on a cabin the obstruction will be explained in red print.

Balcony and deluxe balcony are equal dimensions. Deluxe has a small love seat and less drawer space. Regular has a few more drawers.

Balconies are Juliette balconies.

Deluxe balcony obstructed cabins 101-110 at the bow of the ship are the best cabins. The obstruction is a non see through balcony and the balconies are much larger than the average balcony. We just booked 107 and it has a very deep balcony.

We definitely missed the love seat on our last cruise.

Slight correction here. Deluxe Balcony cabins are actually slightly larger square footage than standard balcony cabins. About 10 square feet larger. Dimensions for standard balcony cabin on Royal class: 214-222. Dimensions for Deluxe Balcony: 233-274. Sizes include balcony square footage..

Deluxe balconies add the two person loveseat, but you do lose three or so drawers and a little shelf space vs standard balcony...

We absolutely love the obstructed deluxe balconies forward in deck 8 or aft facing. Ginormous balconies, and the metal railing instead of glass for the obstructed view matters to us not at all. Our last one was E108, and we had two Deluxe Balcony dinners out there, one with 4 of us and one with 6, with plenty of space to move around. It was wonderful...

Choose wisely on Royal class ships. The balcony sizes range from OK to huge, depending on cabin choice.

I actually prefer the regular balcony cabin vs the deluxe balcony cabin. Although the Deluxe cabin itself is slightly larger and has a loveseat, the desk is smaller and is combined with the fridge. The desk is larger with more drawer space in the regular balcony cabin plus the fridge/bar is on the opposite side of the room and has a few shelves and is not right next to the desk. Most of the balconies are the exact same size except for those mentioned by others earlier. Our first cruise on Royal had the deluxe balcony, next two cruises on Regal had regular balcony...actually prefer the regular and would not pay the difference for the deluxe...also turned down a free upgrade to deluxe for the same reasons...now if the deluxe balcony cabin actually had a larger balcony, I may consider it.

We've enjoyed the deluxe balcony cabin with the love seat couch but the extra 1' of interior length was not any real benefit to us.

As the photos depict in the links in posts 7 & 8, a picture is worth a thousand words to determine if the balcony size is acceptable. All Princess balcony chairs & recliners are not comfortable for me & thus my balcony time is limited. Due to that factor & that sometimes the weather is not conducive to spending much time on the balcony, we often used the comfortable love seat couch to enjoy the outside view.

Slight correction here. Deluxe Balcony cabins are actually slightly larger square footage than standard balcony cabins. About 10 square feet larger. Dimensions for standard balcony cabin on Royal class: 214-222. Dimensions for Deluxe Balcony: 233-274. Sizes include balcony square footage..

Deluxe balconies add the two person loveseat, but you do lose three or so drawers and a little shelf space vs standard balcony...

We absolutely love the obstructed deluxe balconies forward in deck 8 or aft facing. Ginormous balconies, and the metal railing instead of glass for the obstructed view matters to us not at all. Our last one was E108, and we had two Deluxe Balcony dinners out there, one with 4 of us and one with 6, with plenty of space to move around. It was wonderful...

Choose wisely on Royal class ships. The balcony sizes range from OK to huge, depending on cabin choice.

Interesting. They felt exactly the same size. In fact, the non deluxe cabin actually felt a bit roomier. So glad we were able to snag one of the larger deluxe balcony cabins. And the cost was cheaper than the regular balcony cabins.

A love seat and not worth the extra $$$.

• 5 months later...
A love seat and not worth the extra $$$.
it was worth it to us: 3 people in the cabin, and instead of the bed that comes out of the ceiling and blocks the balcony completely, we had a love seat that turns into a single sofa bed. I could easily roll and unroll that sucker myself, which was very handy. The sofa bed was actually more comfortable than the regular single beds.

Deck Plans show that the Deluxe Balcony has about 11 more square feet than a standard balcony.

Just over one extra foot deep, maybe 15" extra in depth, to fit in that love seat/sleeper.

We got lucky and got a deal on one of the mid-shop UN-obstructed (unless looking around) Deluxe Balconies on Deck 8 that have the larger/deeper balcony. I am really looking forward to it! A slight larger cabin, and a more 'Caribe' sized balcony too.