First time on Oceania

2mellon2

It depends on whether the cruise line can get additional services from the local agents (guides, buses, tickets where applicable, etc).

Passengers will be accommodated from the waiting list if possible in the order of their requests. If you are interested, you should put your name on the list and hope for the best (or arrange private tours, if possible).

You may want to check out the ports of call forum for Iceland for tour guides and tour suggestions.

Oceania holds back some spots for those who don't use Internet much. Go to the destination desk the first day to see what is available.

Their excursions are often overpriced.

Iceland is a great locale for private tours. When we were there there were quite a few groups sharing tours organized on CC roll calls. Have you checked your roll call?

Thank you for information. Our problem is where to store luggage after cruise since our flight out of Reykjavík is not until 6PM. Cruise is not offering any assistance except for transport to airport at 9:00am on day of arrival. Any suggestions would be helpful. Not really sure how to use this site we are communicating on.

Thank you for information. Our problem is where to store luggage after cruise since our flight out of Reykjavík is not until 6PM. Cruise is not offering any assistance except for transport to airport at 9:00am on day of arrival. Any suggestions would be helpful. Not really sure how to use this site we are communicating on.

I was in Reykjavik last month and stored my luggage. Took a taxi there...unfortunately I can't remember where this was, but I took a taxi from the port and it wasn't far...too far with luggage, though. Google Reykjavik luggage storage...later I picked up the luggage and took a bus to the airport. All very convenient!

Thank you to Paulchili, Andee, Barrheadlass, and Ozzie's Mom for the information that sounds very useful. I was able to finally call a hotel in Reykjavik after 3 days of not being to the correct number. They said they could store luggage for me! I feel very relieved at the moment but I will look into ToursByLocals.com so that the day is not wasted and they could get us to the airport too as you suggested. 2 Mellon2:)