Just off GLORY! Fantastic family cruise. ASK AWAY!

mrsfuzzmo

Just got off the Glory this morning after a fantastic family cruise. I will do a review, but if anyone has any kind of questions in the mean time....ask away. We covered most of the ship and enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Were your room cards dropped of in your mailbox or handed to you at check in? Glad you had a great time! I do love the Glory.

We were on the Glory last month and had a wonderful cruise. Yes the Sign & Sail cars were in the mailboxes.

On the June 1 Glory cruise, the Captain and the Hotel Director explained why they reversed the aft pool and hot tubs policy at the Diamond Captain's party . It's now back to adults only.

Great when a company tries something and when it doesn't work, it can go back to the way it was. When the change is for the better, wonderful, when it's not, go back to what was working. Adult only hot tubs make perfect sense.

Were your room cards dropped of in your mailbox or handed to you at check in? Glad you had a great time! I do love the Glory.

In the mailboxes. We had FTTF so were onboard at about 11:15 am. We headed right to our cabins. While the cabins were not ready for us, our cards were there so we dropped our stuff and headed out for fun!

Was the cruise affected at all by that tropical storm that seemed to always be to the east of where the Glory was?

Funny you should ask!! We were all concerned about missing ports, etc. and watched the forecast daily. The Captain made sure to keep us all abreast of the weather. Our first day at sea it down poured in the mid-afternoon, but it was warm and we had a blast in the pool. Throughout the week, we literally followed the storm. Each day we stopped at a port they said the previous three days were stormy. We had some rough seas, but beautiful weather!!! A little overcast in Roatan and Belize, but beautiful when we were in Cozumel. Grand Cayman was a little windy, but we were able to tender in and make it to a rough Stingray City. We could not complain about the weather at all.

Which port did you enjoy?

All of them! We've been to all of them multiple times (my husband and I, but not the rest of the family).

Grand Cayman: We booked Stingraysailing dot com and they were awesome to us. Rough water, so we missed the snorkeling and could not sail, so we took a motorboat and still made it to the rays. Then we went to Paradise Grill for a little snorkeling, Turtle burgers & soup and some cocktails. The only bad thing of the day was the Looooong tender lines. Last tender was supposed to leave the dock at 2:00 pm. We sat at the port from 1:30 pm and got on one of the last tenders at 3:15 pm. LONG wait!!

Roatan: We took a private tour with Rony's tours. We had Carla as a guide, and Arnold as a driver. We had a fantastic tour on a hot day! The kids Zip-lined and snorkeled right at the beach.

Belize: Cavetubing for the family was OK. Not fantastic, but they had fun. We just walked around town. It was really, really hot and humid, so we didn't do much.

Cozumel: Money Bar for lunch and snorkeling. We had a blast here. The kids had one of their favorite days here. The water was amazing and we had some great food!!

On the June 1 Glory cruise, the Captain and the Hotel Director explained why they reversed the aft pool and hot tubs policy at the Diamond Captain's party . It's now back to adults only.

Great when a company tries something and when it doesn't work, it can go back to the way it was. When the change is for the better, wonderful, when it's not, go back to what was working. Adult only hot tubs make perfect sense.

thanks for the info, thats great news!

Glad to hear. I enjoyed that cruise in May and was hoping that the weather wouldn't affect folks on the cruise last week.

Funny you should ask!! We were all concerned about missing ports, etc. and watched the forecast daily. The Captain made sure to keep us all abreast of the weather. Our first day at sea it down poured in the mid-afternoon, but it was warm and we had a blast in the pool. Throughout the week, we literally followed the storm. Each day we stopped at a port they said the previous three days were stormy. We had some rough seas, but beautiful weather!!! A little overcast in Roatan and Belize, but beautiful when we were in Cozumel. Grand Cayman was a little windy, but we were able to tender in and make it to a rough Stingray City. We could not complain about the weather at all.

It must be something about that port. Our line was so long that I wondered if I had ever been in a line that long. Doubtful.

Grand Cayman: ... The only bad thing of the day was the Looooong tender lines. Last tender was supposed to leave the dock at 2:00 pm. We sat at the port from 1:30 pm and got on one of the last tenders at 3:15 pm. LONG wait!!

Glad you guys had a wonderful time! We'll be on in 2 weeks.

What time did you guys get to the port and what time did they start boarding?

We all had FTTF, arrived at about 10:15 am. Walked in and sat ready to board for about 30 minutes. I think we were onboard by 11:00 am.

Had you been on the Glory before the dry dock? We are going back in November so wondering if much changed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was not, but I was on the Vista in Feb. and liked the Glory better! It's public spaces are colorful, and clean! No worn areas, as I think most or much of the fabrics were replaced during dry dock. It was lovely.

I was not, but I was on the Vista in Feb. and liked the Glory better! It's public spaces are colorful, and clean! No worn areas, as I think most or much of the fabrics were replaced during dry dock. It was lovely.

Glory is my wife and mine's favorite ship. Glad you had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the hot tubs just adult only or is the whole area hot tubs & pools adult only?

The kids can still get pizza or ice cream and even sit on a lounger, but entry into the aft pool and the 2 aft hot tubs is restricted to adults only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this change just for the Glory? I have sailed on her 3 times & I was going to book the Glory for our cruise next year....till they made the change.....well I booked with another cruise line......not in the Carnival Corp. fleet.

Is this change just for the Glory? I have sailed on her 3 times & I was going to book the Glory for our cruise next year....till they made the change.....well I booked with another cruise line......not in the Carnival Corp. fleet.

According to John Heald (I asked this question yesterday) it will depend on the ship and ratio of children. Makes me a little worried on my Christmas Cruises that I have coming up, I would think that they would have a lot of children on the ship Christmas week.