If you like carnival, do you read other lines forums?

geckoaz

No matter how positive the topic about carnival, there are always posts negative about carnival. I seldom look at another forum. I like carnival and just became platinum. Through cruise critic i have met a great group of friends to cruise. Do you read other forums and praise carnival or point out problems with other lines??

I usually read and post around the time that I'm cruising... and since I've only cruised Carnival, this is the board I tend to haunt. Even though I love Carnival, I'd like to try a few other cruiselines in the future, and I'll probably haunt those boards when I do!

Yes, I do. We have cruised on Carnival and like it, but cruise on other cruise lines as well. I read and post questions on other boards for information and research. We like to experience new destinations and cruise lines. Cruising is a great way to travel!

Yes, I do. We have cruised on Carnival and like it, but cruise on other cruise lines as well. I read and post questions on other boards for information and research. We like to experience new destinations and cruise lines. Cruising is a great way to travel!

Yes, you nailed a key factor. The destinations offered by Carnival are limited mostly to the Caribbean.

The few times I have booked with other cruise lines I have read their forums, leading up to the cruise to educate myself about them. Other than those few times, no, I do not keep up with other forums. No reason to do so and frankly, it would be sort of boring.

I definitely read and sometimes contribute to, other cruise lines threads here on CC and the ship mate app. What is the point of reading just one cruise line thread? There are pros and cons to each line, as well as some similarities in how posters express their opinions across the boards.

It would be silly of me not to read threads just because it's not Carnival. While I'm Diamond on Carnival, I do cruise other lines.

I'm fairly new to cruising and have only cruised Carnival so I tend to stick to this forum. However, if I'm researching a port/destination, I might read some of the other forums. If I were going to cruise another line I would certainly be looking at their forum to find out what was different about it compared to Carnival. I don't like the limited destinations of Carnival so once I've visited most of the Caribbean ports I'll probably start looking at some other lines.

I read the forums of the cruiseline I am currently booked on or currently considering a booking.

But, I always read the Carnival forum even though I am not currently booked (or currently considering a Carnival cruise) simply because it's SO entertaining. There are topics discussed on this forum that you'll never see on some of the other ones.

No. We sail other lines a good bit. I seldom read their message boards unless I have asked a Question about a Cabin or Such. They are very nice

But Not Carnival. This board is always interesting. I find out a lot of good information too. I love the reviews. Has more men on it, I think who know more tech stuff like cameras and all.

And I hope I am not sticking my feet in it..........LADIES post some Awesome Photos too.

And Zyodecoder. He is here.

I read reviews and posts of most of the major cruise lines. You can always pick up some information that can be useful. I've cruised Carnival and NCL, but I'm open to cruising other lines. I too am getting a little tired of the Caribbean cruises and would like to expand to areas that I have not experienced. However, I would still take a Caribbean cruise if the ports were ones that I liked. I still haven't been to Bonaire and would cruise with Carnival if the price and the date were right.

I love reading posts from the "New Posts" as it really gives you a nice overview of what people are talking about.

Yes, I read the boards of all of the (still existing) lines that I have cruised. Plus a few other venues here. I don't post often on some, as since I haven't sailed HAL in 5 years, Princess and Celebrity in 4, I don't feel my info/experience is current. EM

I read Carnival because I sailed the Vista in April even though I don't plan on sailing them again for a few years. I'm sailing MSC and NCL next so I read those forums as well. I can't imagine just sailing one line with so many others out there with great ships, ports, and experiences. I love reading cruise industry news and experiencing different things. NCL Escape was a hot ship in 2016, Vista in 2017, MSC Seaside is hot for 2018 as well as NCL Bliss. I wanted to be part of them and reading about them on the forums keeps me interested. You can't get that with one cruise line whether it's Carnival or any other.