Venice to Greece

bingboy

Hi we are a family of four ( two teenage children ) travelling with another family of four and looking at cruising on the Sinfonia ship with MSC cruises. Leaving from Venice for a seven night cruise into Greece next year ( June 2017 ) I have noticed a lot of bad reviews and I'm wondering if anyone out there has been on this ship recently ?

Greece is awesome, you will have a wonderful time. I've never heard of the ship, sadly, but I went to Rome, Greece, Turkey, and London on a cruise when I was a teenager. I don't know if you'll be going to Santorini, but if you are DO NOT take the donkeys up the side of the crater if you're afraid of heights, and if you do, DO NOT scream as that will only make them go faster!

If you go to Athens, be sure to check out the original Modern Olympic track. You can even run the track, a once in a lifetime event. You can also see where the Olympic Torch gets lot and the stadium from the Athens Olympics. Another must: seeing the Parthenon! I even took a picture of me trying to knock down one of the pillars!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that. Its not the Greece bit I'm worried about its the actual cruise ship. It has terrible reviews !!! We'll be in Italy before that so maybe we'll just do the Amalfi Coast instead :cool:

I went to the search function here and typed in Sinfonia. Got a lot of threads that mention Sinfonia, including this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2408574&highlight=Sinfonia

Wow! Thanks EM for quoting my thread!! Cool! While we enjoyed Sinfonia, it's worth repeating it was one of the ships that was stretched, so more people for same dining rooms and theatre. We were Bella class but we got dining in MDR each night. I would book Fantastica to ensure MDR. Since we sailed on her, we sailed twice more on MSC and they have shelved the 6 courses for a more Western 3 course menu. Same food but you may miss some filling. You can, of course, have as many of the dishes as you want.

Your fellow passengers will be mainly Italian, French, Spanish with a small number of British, Irish and US/Canadians.

MSC is great value especially if you go yacht club. I would sail NCL or Royal Caribbean in preference if the prices were anywhere near MSC's. Ken