Port or starboard stateroom for Lima-Papeete cruise

GeorgesGal

You are not a POSH person? :D

Probably not. I frequently wind up wherever is available, but for some odd reason I seem to be more ship oriented when we are on the port side. Not that the Oceania ships are hard to get around. :cool:

I've never done this itinerary. I can see where OP is coming from. I've thought about sun position for itineraries on balconies. But, in the Southern Hemisphere, going west, I'd be clueless. Going west on a TA, if I wanted sun on the balcony, I'd go port.

Where would the sun be in the Southern Hemisphere for this cruise..more port or starboard?.:confused:

We did this route in reverse a couple of years ago. The sun will be slightly north of straight overhead, but not really enough to matter. Port side will be in the shade, starboard you might get a little sun on the balcony at certain times of the day. Other than that, it doesn't matter which side.

Thanks everyone for your input. We decided to move from 8004 - all the way forward - to 7123 starboard for one very significant reason: we now have one of the coveted extended balconies which were waitlisted 10 days ago when we booked. None of those are available on the port side right now, but will continue to check.

Once more, thanks for your help!

Thanks everyone for your input. We decided to move from 8004 - all the way forward - to 7123 starboard for one very significant reason: we now have one of the coveted extended balconies which were waitlisted 10 days ago when we booked. None of those are available on the port side right now' date=' but will continue to check.

Once more, thanks for your help![/quote']

B3 extended balconies- best value on Riviera and Marina.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your input. We decided to move from 8004 - all the way forward - to 7123 starboard for one very significant reason: we now have one of the coveted extended balconies which were waitlisted 10 days ago when we booked. None of those are available on the port side right now' date=' but will continue to check.

Once more, thanks for your help![/quote']

We are port side so we can swap views.😂😂