sailing zuiderdam Nov 2017

labgalbella

A couple of questions..what is a no host mini bar? Ca you put a luggage tag on a 12 pack of coke to be delivered to your stateroom? You can carry 2 bottle of wine aboard and if you bring more they charge a 18.00 corkage fee? You can write additional items on your breakfast room service like eggs benedict if its during dining breakfast hours? I appreciate any thoughts you have for me. Thanks

The no host mini bar has a few small bottles (think airplane size) of alcohol, a few cans of soda and wine and a couple of small bottles of wine -- that you pay for if you use them.

I would not send cans of soda through with the luggage -- they will get smashed.

You are allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine per adult staying in the cabin. So if there are 2 of you -- 2 bottles. Anything more than and you are charged the $18 per bottle corkage fee. If you take your "free" bottles of wine to the dining room or a bar/lounge -- then you will be charged the corkage fee.

In most cases if you do write in items on the breakfast card, and ask for delivery during dining hours, you will get them.

We are just off the Zuiderdam this week and my wife would add bacon on the Room Service menu by writing it in. She also requested only the fruit portion of the toast and fruit plate sometimes. Never did try to request the Eggs Benedict, plus it is not on the menu each day.

We have sent cases of water and soda with our luggage without issue. We taped 2 12 packs of soda together. In the "old" days, we even boarded with a case of wine as luggage. Never a problem. A nice tip to the baggage handlers can't hurt 😀