Any luck modifying a prepaid reservation?

yyz_canada

Hi all,

I've cruised a number of times but for the first time, I've booked a guaranteed cabin on a 100% prepaid offer (ms Veendam, Canada/New England). I booked directly on the HAL website.

Now, I'm having a bit of remorse over not having chosen a specific cabin instead of a guarantee.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any luck in contacting HAL and having them modify a 100% prepaid booking? I'm willing to pay more for a cabin or even get a lower-cost cabin (than what I prepaid) on a certain deck.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hi all,

I've cruised a number of times but for the first time, I've booked a guaranteed cabin on a 100% prepaid offer (ms Veendam, Canada/New England). I booked directly on the HAL website.

Now, I'm having a bit of remorse over not having chosen a specific cabin instead of a guarantee.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any luck in contacting HAL and having them modify a 100% prepaid booking? I'm willing to pay more for a cabin or even get a lower-cost cabin (than what I prepaid) on a certain deck.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I've nevdr tried but would call and try under the circumstances you cite. If you have a TA, they must c all for you. It is worth the try. Not much to lose by trying. Good luck. Please let us know how you make out.

HAL often contacts booked passengers to offer up-sells, so I would be surprised if they would not be open to anyone wanting to upgrade from whatever the guarantee level was. They might be less welcoming if you simply wanted to switch to a specific cabin at that level, as that would cost them the flexibility the guarantee program provides.

We have a couple of times moved up from a guarantee to a specific cabin, and all it took was a quick phone call. They weren't fully paid reservations, but I don't see why that would make any difference.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for your insights.

As it turns out, I called HAL and the agent was very helpful in allowing me to change my reservation. Not only did I end up picking a specific cabin, but we also changed the cruise itself (same cruise, but different direction than originally booked)!

The agent allowed me to do it but noted that if the cabin on the new cruise was cheaper, they couldn't refund any of the money. I ended up paying slightly more for a better, specific cabin so everything worked out in the end.

It was great customer service on HAL's part, particularly since I had a non-refundable reservation!

... I called HAL and the agent was very helpful in allowing me to change my reservation ...

It was great customer service on HAL's part, particularly since I had a non-refundable reservation!

Glad everything worked out so well for you. Also VERY HAPPY to see your very nice/complimentary comments about HAL Customer Service.

Smooth sailing :D :D :D