Cost of drinks on avalon

senior lady

Just curious on the cost of drinks on avalon

I know they serve beer and wine with lunch and dinner

My BF prefers rum & coke

We are considering a Budapest to Prague cruise next July

They have a very good offer that includes air and 2 nights in Prague and 3 nights in Budapest

Just curious on the cost of drinks on avalon

I know they serve beer and wine with lunch and dinner

My BF prefers rum & coke

We are considering a Budapest to Prague cruise next July

They have a very good offer that includes air and 2 nights in Prague and 3 nights in Budapest

If you order alcohol at lunch, you will be charged. It is available free of charge at dinner. Bar drinks at dinner will be charged to you. When we would order two glasses of wine, the charge was 10.20 (unless it was happy hour and then they would be 1/2 that cost). Looking at our final bill, it looks like the drinks vary from around

$5.00 each. Maybe someone else has more specific information, but hopefully this will help a little.

Cole

If you order alcohol at lunch, you will be charged. It is available free of charge at dinner. Bar drinks at dinner will be charged to you. When we would order two glasses of wine, the charge was 10.20 (unless it was happy hour and then they would be 1/2 that cost). Looking at our final bill, it looks like the drinks vary from around

$5.00 each. Maybe someone else has more specific information, but hopefully this will help a little.

Cole

Actually, just back from an Avalon cruise about 3 weeks ago - and beer/wine is now included with lunch.

I was impressed that they now offer Red, White & Rose for meals - and if you didn't like the wine that was offered, they would offer an alternate (ie: Chardonnay vs Riesling).

As Cole mentioned, drinks during Happy Hour are 1/2 price. "Premium Spirits" (ie: single malt scotch, or high end gin) were a bit more money. A Tanquerary & Tonix is about 8 euros (unless you are buying during happy hour).

Fran

Another way to save money on drinks on Avalon is look for the drink of the day. It changes daily and sort of matches which town you are in. For example, in Rudesheim it was the Asbach sour. The cost was about 5 euros for these drinks.

We rarely drank at lunch because we liked to take the afternoon tours. The happy hour drinks rarely worked for us either because the time you return from the afternoon tour, I would take a shower and take a cat nap and change for dinner.

The wine is very free flowing at dinner, I rarely drank after that unless we had sailing in he a.m. since usually the tours began at 9:00 a.m. For the Normandy Beaches think we left at 8:00 am and I refrained from any alcohol the night before so I would be nice and fresh for the long day. :-)

Also a reminder that you can have your own drinks in your cabin without problem. We typically brought aboard local wine & beer to try, but we also brought a bottle of bourbon for nightcaps in our cabin...... [husband is somewhat particular about bourbon and for some trips, it's not a hardship to travel with our own, usually because we don't want as large a bottle as would be available at a duty free store, plus it's easier for us to package & pack our own bottle...]

We also took advantage of happy hour pricing - we'd usually arrive in time for one drink before happy hour ended & the talk about the following day's tours started prior to dinner....

FYI I'm not a big beer drinker, but if you are in Prague, you must try a Pilsner Urquell. They made the first pilsner in 1842 and everyone has been trying to copy it ever since. When in Germany we asked our tour director what his favorite beer was and he said it was this one. After trying one in Prague, I can see why.