A World cruise question ?

Archipelago

There are many segment passengers now on the roll call for the 2018 World Cruise. I don't see any reason you can't join a full WC roll call just because you are doing a segment.

I participate in every roll call on my upcoming 67 day B2B2B, a total of 7! Otherwise, there may be people I would like to meet or tours offered that I would like to take that are only posted on one or the other. I also invite anyone on a segment roll call to come on over and join the conversation on the longer, total cruise roll call. However, I have been chastised for doing both by more than one poster.

One can join as many roll calls as one wishes, but according to the guide lines, when opening a new cruise thread, each segment must have a separate roll call.

Which can really lead to a mess at times. You can end up having to follow multiple RC's just to keep up.

I can understand having separate roll calls for back to back or Collector's Cruises but it makes more sense to have one roll call for those doing the entire world cruise or segments.

On the 2018 WC we have people doing:

Singapore to Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale to Hong Kong

Sydney to Capetown

Hong Kong to Fort Lauderdale

Sydney to Fort Lauderdale

Auckland to Hong Kong.

In some of these cases there are only one or two people doing that particular segment. What good is a roll call with that few people?

I can understand having separate roll calls for back to back or Collector's Cruises but it makes more sense to have one roll call for those doing the entire world cruise or segments.

Sydney to Capetown

Auckland to Hong Kong.

In some of these cases there are only one or two people doing that particular segment. What good is a roll call with that few people?

No kidding! But when I posted that opinion, wow, was I flamed. I checked earlier, and it seems that under the new format CC, that requirement does not appear on the Roll Call forum anymore. I hope this is true.

Sydney to Capetown

Auckland to Hong Kong.

And if you are looking for a shore excursion in any one port on the World Cruise, for example, why would you care whether the organizer is on for the entire WC or just for the segment including that port? I recently signed up for a shore excursion in a New Zealand port that was organized by someone boarding the cruise only the day before, even though I am on the entire WC. As far as that one port is concerned, both of us will be on the ship for that, regardless of which other ports we may also be visiting.

For the 2017 GWV I only took the first 56 days, Ft Lauderdale to Hong Kong. I was only aware of a single roll call for the whole cruise which included all those who were only taking part of the cruise.

Sydney to Capetown

Auckland to Hong Kong.

Absolutely! To have separate Roll Calls for each segment is silly.