Carnival cabin options for family with only 1 child

LuckyZ

it's amazing but internet searches mainly show options for families with 2 or 3 children but not 1. My daughter has a family of 3 and want either an inside or ocean view room that would accommodate a king and single bed for the 3 of us (child will be 3 years old).

I've also seem ocean view rooms with a king and a couch, which would be perfect but not sure if they book the couch out as a bed for a 3rd person in the room.

If anyone has any experience of advise that you could offer, would be much appreciated

There are 3 person cabins. In an inside there are 2 twins that can be put together to form a king and a drop down bunk, no sofa. In an OV there are 2 twins that can be put together to form a king and the top of the sofa which will make the 3rd bed. While the 3 person OVs are identical to the 2 person ones, they only rate some of them as able to accommodate more than 2. It has to do with lifeboat capacity and things.

it's amazing but internet searches mainly show options for families with 2 or 3 children but not 1. My daughter has a family of 3 and want either an inside or ocean view room that would accommodate a king and single bed for the 3 of us (child will be 3 years old).

I've also seem ocean view rooms with a king and a couch, which would be perfect but not sure if they book the couch out as a bed for a 3rd person in the room.

If anyone has any experience of advise that you could offer, would be much appreciated

I'm confused as to how many passengers will actually be in the cabin.

I doubt this will apply, but maybe it can work.....

My dad and my family (wife and 3 yr old daughter) are going on a cruise. For monetary reasons, we booked our DD with my dad, and my wife and I in the other room.

In reality the 3 of us will sleep in the same room, and we're going to have one HUGE slumber party with the "king" size bed. This will be our first cruise together as a family of 3. We know many people are not huge fans of co-sleeping, but we're going to give it a try.....

It really should be no problem. When only one daughter (without sister) was cruising with us we didn't want her in a cabin alone so booked her with us.

Never had a problem getting a decent cabin for three.

A good TA could be helpful to you. ;)

The inside rooms the 3rd person has a pull down bunk (very high IMHO for a 3 year old). On a balcony room, the 3rd person has a bed that is made by pulling the pillows from the back of the couch and the child sleeps right next to the big bed (made big by pulling 2 twins together). The larger bed is beside the window/door and the couch is towards the bathroom side but there is only a small nightstand between the 2.

The bed situation depends on the ship and the amount of room. We are a family of thee and do not have a problem find the right room. On the Valor (ocean view) my son (6yrs) slept on the couch which the cabin steward made into a bed. On the Fantasy (inside) my son slept on a trundle bed. On the Breeze we have booked an inside spa room for 3 with a pull down bed. Just put three people in on the booking and it will show you the available rooms. If the 3 people rooms are full call Carnival and they might move someone to a different room or put you in a room for 4.

I'm honestly confused as to what you are asking and who is staying in this room, but yes, tons of people sail with 3 to a cabin. We have several times.

To get a cabin for 3, simply log onto the website and ask for a cabin with 3 passengers.

How the beds are configured depends on the ship and cabin.

Sometimes we've had a king(which is really 2 twins shoved together) and a twin pulled from the ceiling. Other times it's been the king and the couch is turned into a twin.

Sometimes we've slept with our child, other times we've brought a separate bed(more like a kid sized air mat).

We're cruising with our 4 year old in a deluxe ocean view on the Breeze. Generally, ocean view is the largest cabin unless you get a suite. Ocean view is usually the same size as a balcony room, including the balcony. So instead of the outdoor space you get that space inside the room.

With the deluxe ocean view, we get 2 bathrooms. The normal sink, toilet, shower room and a second with a mini bathtub/shower and a sink. This will be great for our son since his sensory issues won't allow a shower.

I'm sailing with my 2 daughters in a Cove balcony on the Breeze in 12 days. 2 twins and a pull out sofa. Perfect.

I wasn't aware that they had pull out sofas in the Cove Balconies. I thought they we're only in suites. The Cove Balcony rooms look identical to a regular balcony/OV cabin and appear to have the same sofa as them. They do not pull out. The third bed is the top of the sofa and fourth bed is a pull down bunk. Not my pic:

918c3a96a7b12db2a07d321937bc8cd3.jpg

There are 3 of us and has been for 14.5 yrs (DS), we have had to get a cabin for 3 for quite a long time now and have NEVER had a issue with getting one. When you put the number of travelers in when booking (or doing the mock booking during research) it will give you the available cabins that accommodate your number of travelers.

You do not get anything below what you need BUT may get a cabin available for more travelers (ie: put in for 3 travelers and get cabins available for a 4 travelers situation), this may happen and be aware you could get bumped if the need for that cabin becomes apparent as time goes on , but that is another conversation!

I'm sailing with my 2 daughters in a Cove balcony on the Breeze in 12 days. 2 twins and a pull out sofa. Perfect.

I agree with firemanbobswife. I have not seen a cove balcony with a pull out sofa. We had a cove balcony on the Breeze for 3 people. There were the 2 twins that could be made into a king. The other bed was listed as a sofa bed. But that doesn't mean it is a pull out. They just remove the back cushions and make the sofa up as a bed. I thought the only pull out sofa beds were the double sofa beds which are only in the suites.

We have sailed many times with the 3 of us. We've never booked separate rooms, it's not worth the cost. You'll very likely have 2 beds that become a king, and the 3rd person sleeps on either a pull-out couch, a couch that converts to a bed (cushions taken off, mattress underneath that they sheet and give pillows), or a Pullman from the wall or ceiling. It's never been an issue for us on any line.

We have cruised for years with my son in the room with us. Ocean view room will sleep 3 with the couch made up as a twin bed. When my son got older I bought magnetic curtain hooks and made a little tent around his bed for privacy. He loved it. The hooks attached to the ceiling and the walls which are magnetic. We just came from a cruise on the freedom and had 5 cabins , most had three people, some adults, some kids able to sleep on the couch quite comfortably.

Sent from my iPad using Forums