plugs-how many and Hairdryer?

hlsess

We will be on Shadow next week- about how many plugs in each room and is the hairdryer very strong or should we pack one?

Boy, your really getting serious... They do have hair dryers and you will need to use it not in the bathroom but at the dressing table outside the bathroom. Don't be looking for lots of two pin 240 volt receptacles. One over the dressing table with a 115v one also at that location only, one next to the one side or both sides of the bed and one by the couch. there will be a receptacle for reduced amperage flow in the bathroom for a 240 volt electric shaver. If you got lots of stuff: pack a multi outlet strip or you can ask your Butler for one if you forget.

thx- friend just got off a different ship and said they only had 2 outlets- didn't want to pack a strip if not needed -also said hairdryer was terrible-sorry to bother you!

Ask whatever questions you need to:).........when I first started posting on this forum I got a cold comment to a question

as well.....but most everyone else chimed in and was very kind.

I have long hair and find the hair dryer to be acceptable. We always travel with a power strip so that we have the flexibility to plug multiple devices in at once. I believe there are more plugs on the Muse, but not on the older ships.

The best advice I can give you about Silversea is that if you want something that isn't offered, just ask for it! If it is possible for them to come up with it, they will do so with a smile. That goes for food, beverages, towels, and just about anything you can think of. On our recent trip, we asked for carrot and celery strips to be delivered each evening around 5 pm so that we wouldn't eat too many of the high calorie hors d'oeuvres. The first day they came with a special dipping sauce which we didn't need. After that, we got exactly what we wanted - carrots and celery. I am sure the request is now in our record and the next trip they will show up without being requested!

Since you are going to Alaska, you should think about having rain gear especially for some of the excursions. Also, don't be afraid to take dressy clothes. You will find it is a nice change from your every day life to dress up and experience the finest that Silversea offers. But, having said that, jeans and casual clothes are fine during the day, especially in Alaska.

Hope you have a wonderful first trip on Silversea. You are lucky to have a Mom who is so thoughtful.